iOS7 Discussion Thread

I succumbed, and downloaded the update for my iPad. There are subtle improvements since the last beta; and it has not had a springboard crash yet, but battery is down 10% since I installed it, and I have done a hard reset. Of course, I should let it drain entirely and then do a full charge.

The iOS7 update to the New York Times iPad app is stunning. Perhaps the best newspaper app I have ever seen. It takes every advantage of the new operating system and really does it right.

On my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, battery life seems about the same. Haven't noticed any real difference there.

I have gone into the Accessibility section of settings and changed a few things around to make all that pastel shading less irritating though! It just isn't 'contrasty' enough for me!
?

An updated version of the App was submitted to Apple over a week ago with full iOS 7 support. Just waiting for them to release it. :)

Thank you! Just an FYI what happens is that it does not stay open for more than 8-10 seconds before crashing. I'm sure once the updated version is in place it will be back to being one of the best apps I use.;)

So far you have to ask for it, either on the iOS device or iTunes will prompt to do it if you plug the iOS device into the computer.

I don't believe they do a push.

For those that don't care about fancy pastel wallpaper, and would like a real contrasty easy to read screen, just take a picture with your finger over the lens and use that 'black' picture as the wallpaper.

And for battery life, those fancy new moving dynamic wallpapers are part of the problem.
?

So far you have to ask for it, either on the iOS device or iTunes will prompt to do it if you plug the iOS device into the computer.

I don't believe they do a push.

For those that don't care about fancy pastel wallpaper, and would like a real contrasty easy to read screen, just take a picture with your finger over the lens and use that 'black' picture as the wallpaper.

And for battery life, those fancy new moving dynamic wallpapers are part of the problem.
?

They will probably do a push, eventually. But no need now, given how much public attention there is about it. Yet of course, my mother asked me, how come my iPhone didn't prompt me to upgrade?

My phone was at 100% when I left my house at 7:30 this morning, it is now 9:46 and my battery is 52%.

Scott, I would try manually killing every single app or powering down the phone and powering it back up. It sounds like you may have an app that isn't optimized for iOS7 yet doing something to kill your battery in the background. I may be wrong but I am not noticing any difference in my battery performance than before except for maybe a slight difference from me playing with it more. I'm certainly not experiencing problems to the level some of you are. This makes me think that it probably isn't iOS7 itself and that it's more likely the way one of your apps is interacting with the OS.