iPhone next name and features

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
What do you think the next iPhone will be called? 9?

And what features? I expect band 71 to be added (600 MHz). Even better camera?

Every iPhone 9 comes with a free copy of Windows 9? ;)

Reactions: Neutron
Next regular iPhone: iPhone 8s. Next version of the iPhone X will be the iPhone X Notchless. If I'm wrong about the Notchless, Apple can always update their branding:
634026-78de223ae17229c0db151f3c1e9050fb.jpg

(saw this over at MacRumors)

Last edited:
What do you think the next iPhone will be called? 9?

And what features? I expect band 71 to be added (600 MHz). Even better camera?

Every iPhone 9 comes with a free copy of Windows 9? ;)

Not sure about Apple's naming but I would think a 9 numbers to be the under $1000 model and the X, XI, XII etc to be the fancy model above $1000. To include a new Plus model that is wider for full 16x9 screen size.

A agree that with all the bitching about the notch it will be eliminated. Funny, because I understand from an Apple store salesman that you have the option in the phone to reduce the screen size to that of the smaller iphone and add full black bars left and right. This effectively eliminates the notch but also reduces the overall screen size. All the notch reviews out there now are based on Apple bashing ignorance, since that phone has not been released to any reviewer yet. Personally, as an Apple stock holder, I wish Apple would stop releasing review models to hostile media. All it does is tank the stock price and historically, has not affected sales growth one bit. The only reason I can see for Tim Cook to do that is because he wants the stock to tank so he can do better buybacks. Sneaky but has shown to make Apple quite a bit of hidden profit. Me, I just have to stomach the loos on the books until it recovers. Holding for now.

Even better camera- My Sony has a 19 megapixel 4K camera so they could jump to that now. The software for studio lighting is very nice and I wish I had that in post. I can do it bit not as easy as the Apple X does it according to the demo. I like the OIS and twin focal length cameras too but just don't need that personally. iphone or Sony is not my primary camera, just a rare backup.

Adding the 71 band. That is a given and may be a requirement by FCC.

I think they will bring back the finger print scanner while improving the face recognition features. The Sony has a really neat implementation of the finger print scanner built into the main power button so when you hold it in your hand and squeeze the power button on the middle side with your finger, it also senses the finger print. It does the scan and on to home screen light turning on a light switch. So that I can navigate with my right finger I set up the finger print scan to my left middle finger which normally rests over the power button. It's about 3 seconds faster than my iphone 6+.

Getting free windows? Microsoft already does give away free windows 10. You just download it. You do have to buy a license key and they vary in price from $10 to $25 that I have seen depending on the version. But if you are old school, pay the $200 for the disk and a nice printed box with written instructions and a support line to tell you how to boot it up.

I thought the FCC only mandated one band (800?) for all phones? Emergency connections. Do they mandate more?

One phone now supports band 71. Two, by year end. If T-Mobile is the only company using it, how much incentive to add that band is there? Even if the accursed merger between T and Sprint comes to pass, they'll still be #3.

Moot. Qualcomm will incorporate 71 support into their chips and the brands will choose to activate or inactivate bands on a case by case basis.

Don- err, read WHICH version of Windows I mentioned.

They did it for prior versions too. But in case anyone here is over paying for 10, I just added windows 10 to a new hard drive and got it for free plus the license cost.

Apple has a bunch of loos on their books? What are they, iToilets? To be released "soon?"

Boy, that was a typo across the keyboard. :D (loss)

I thought the FCC only mandated one band (800?) for all phones?
I do know FCC is the Federal agency that regulates all RF transmissions including license free. The specific details on how they regulate it is an area I don't keep up on. My background and license is only about basic regulations and engineering. The legal stuff is up to the lawyers. Back when I was in school and got my license, the FCC never got into this merger stuff. Only if there was a conflict in the licenses. Today, it seems the FCC is involved in all aspects of the RF transmission business, including being auctioneer.

Now that the X orders are being taken, I thought I'd kick this can down the road.

Do you expect a new/upgraded iPhone in the fall of 2018? If so, what will they improve?

Do you expect a new/upgraded iPhone in the fall of 2018? If so, what will they improve?

Maybe next Spring- iPhone X+ for true 4K 16x9 screen.

Next Fall, iphone Xs and Xs+ Faster procerssor. Faster GPU from Nvidia. Add finger print unlocking option locate stereo speakers left and right of the screen in horizontal. Non slip back.

Spring would be nice. Non slip back would be great, even with me buying Otterbox Defenders.

Name: I think Apple will stay with the "X" name for awhile (for its top phones), just like OS X, or windows 10.
Features I would love to see added: fingerprint reader, waterproof (rather than water resistant) casing, aptX Bluetooth support for high-quality audio.

Maybe next Spring- iPhone X+ for true 4K 16x9 screen.

Next Fall, iphone Xs and Xs+ Faster procerssor. Faster GPU from Nvidia. Add finger print unlocking option locate stereo speakers left and right of the screen in horizontal. Non slip back.

I want the next iPhone to have the ProMotion feature like the iPad which I love on mine, makes surfing the web smooth, also changing between apps feels buttery smooth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)