is a 6' dish capable of receiving nbc on 105w?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
finally got my 6' dish up and even getting solid bloomberg on amc10 but i still cannot get nbc on amc18. i can get telemundo there though but not a good q. i put the transponders in the satellite file to get there. i am using a solomend pvr-800 receiver. thanks, charlie

I'm in Michigan with a 6 footer ( ortho feed) and get Telemundo poorly, the others not at all. :( [edit] I have a strong signal on a 8psk mux at 4160 V, but it's scrambled. Q of 74 on a Manhattan.

Last edited:
Same here in NC nothing on the C-band side, @ 105W

A 6 footer will work. You may have to get a little creative. I extended the original panels another 6" and and it worked. I can get NBC just fine but Telemundo still sucks must the time.

i get the strong signal at 4159. i thought my dish might be pointed in the wrong direction. don't get a whiff of signal on the nbc transponders. l like your extensions on the 6' dish. what are they made of? charlie

I can get NBC here in West Tn on my 6 footer, just barely with around a 30Q, but today it's cloudy and I'm not getting it right now ....NBC East for some reason comes in the best of the mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)