is a 6' dish capable of receiving nbc on 105w?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
finally got my 6' dish up and even getting solid bloomberg on amc10 but i still cannot get nbc on amc18. i can get telemundo there though but not a good q. i put the transponders in the satellite file to get there. i am using a solomend pvr-800 receiver. thanks, charlie

I'm in Michigan with a 6 footer ( ortho feed) and get Telemundo poorly, the others not at all. :( [edit] I have a strong signal on a 8psk mux at 4160 V, but it's scrambled. Q of 74 on a Manhattan.

Last edited:
Same here in NC nothing on the C-band side, @ 105W

A 6 footer will work. You may have to get a little creative. I extended the original panels another 6" and and it worked. I can get NBC just fine but Telemundo still sucks must the time.

i get the strong signal at 4159. i thought my dish might be pointed in the wrong direction. don't get a whiff of signal on the nbc transponders. l like your extensions on the 6' dish. what are they made of? charlie

I can get NBC here in West Tn on my 6 footer, just barely with around a 30Q, but today it's cloudy and I'm not getting it right now ....NBC East for some reason comes in the best of the mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.