. . . Is anything there. . . . ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
I want to get my BUD setup on G-19 97W so I can connect my Sonicview 8000 to it and receive some FTA channels. In the past, I never had a problem locating a signal. Now with so little C or KU band clear stuff there, it makes it a little difficult to locate. Does anyone know if there is/are clear signals on G-19?

RT.

Yes, I know there are many FTA channels on G-19. It was a clear C-band I was looking for. Maybe my old unit is just not working anymore. Will continue to search.

RT.

Are you looking for C-band ANALOG signals? I haven't looked for a long time but I don't think there are any analog (at least that are 24/7) on 97W.

You can use your Sonicview to find that sat, just enter a live transponder.

I'm not in Michigan, but I do have a SV 8000 in use. Right around there 87w, 91w, 99w and 103w are the main ones I aim at. Plenty to watch. Better if you are on an actuator or an HH motor. I can go from 55w to 139w - could go further west if there were any satellites out there. I use a home theater PC for the s-2s and other modes.

I'm not in Michigan, but I do have a SV 8000 in use. Right around there 87w, 91w, 99w and 103w are the main ones I aim at. Plenty to watch. Better if you are on an actuator or an HH motor. I can go from 55w to 139w - could go further west if there were any satellites out there. I use a home theater PC for the s-2s and other modes.

About 137 to 87W is the arc for my old BUD. The trees have grown up over the last, oh, maybe 12-14 years that dish has been there. The first one was put in back in 1984. In fact the Dish network installer had to go to the other side of the driveway to hit 61.5.
I will try with the 8000 and see what I can locate. So far with limited time I have re-set some sats. Found QVC & HSN, EWTN, and Cspan. Not that they are anything I would look at. Just locaters.
RT

Well, yes, analog. That way I know I am on the correct sat.

RT.

there isnt much left on analog

91W
Classic Arts 18V
99W
Shepherds Chapel 16V
125W
ShopNBC 5H
131W
C-Span 7V
Weather 13V (scrambled)
133W
EWTN 11H
Inspiration 17H
135W
QVC 9V
HSN 10H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)