Is Directv customer service this terrible or just us?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I`ve always wondered, when DTV or Dish, hires a new CSR, they receive any actual HANDS ON TRAINING with the equipment.
Not a lot, but actually doing a hard reboot, or actually doing the setup on the on screen menus. Simple stuff, but probably a large % of their calls.
My guess is the new CSR`s have a booklet with pictures and instructions (i.e. script) as to what to do (say).
DTV`s CSR`s are incredibly inept. But I really don`t think it`s all their fault.
They can only work with the tools they`re given.
We know DTV hasn`t blown the budget on HD, but they haven`t blown the budget on CSR training, either.

I think you'll find a LOT of companies in the same position, very little or not enouigh training to do the job.

I realize people will get bad CS periodically, but in the 2 1/2 years I've been with Direc and made about 5 calls for small issues I've always received good service. But that's just me.

I have rarely had a problem with the CSRs, but the overall experience, has of late gone downhill for us. I've had DTV for about 10 years now and I got an email back in Oct. giving me a free movie for being a loyal customer. Just use it within 3 months(I assume it's fallout from the Dish campaign of late) Anyway, We used it over the holidays in December to watch "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" ( Meh, but worth the price). The $5.99 charge showed up on my Jan. bill so I called them up and the CSR said "don't worry it just takes a couple of extra weeks to clear that charge" I said fine and paid the bill minus the movie charge. I logged on to pay my Feb. bill tonight and saw a red flag on my bill that said past due, pay immediately. Called again, the automated system told me I was past due and to pay immediately. When I finally got a live person, this time the CSR cleared the charge herself and apologized.

I understand stuff happens and sometimes there are snafus, but c'mon DTV, if you're going to throw loyal customers a bone, don't turn the reward in to a hassle for you're customers. Not good PR.

well at 8am today 1 tech and 1 super came, and they was shock what they found my line had about 8in hole in it, they never seen anything like it. they were taken picture of it

well at 8am today 1 tech and 1 super came, and they was shock what they found my line had about 8in hole in it, they never seen anything like it. they were taken picture of it

I love to see a picture of that!

ye but anyways one thing they did they no other tech (10) did was go find mine wire, no other tech even went outside, they kept giving me new boxes, even last week when i got my DVR the tech use the 2nd line from mine brother room but he never went outside, and went he hook it up and would download the information its would stop and do "searching for satellite" and he didn't pick up on it, but, now i got 1 line coming in with 2 signals i guess

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)