Is Dishonline broken again?

Language filter the cause of my problems?

So, after reading the attached message I checked my language settings (under "Preferences") in the iPad app. I hadn't checked this earlier because I knew I hadn't changed anything there.

Much to my surprise, there are no languages at all listed for me to choose from. The "list" is blank. Could this be the problem? How can it be fixed?

Alright guys, just a heads up! I have figured out the issue with guide information being blank or having Spanish programming. It is simply a matter of the preferences that are selected in DRA versus programming you subscribe to. Let me explain a bit.

DRA has "filters" built into it to eliminate channels from the guide you do not like or watch. So, if you select a language in the preferences tab of DRA that you do not subscribe to, it will not display anything at all, because you don't subscribe to that language. For instance, if I select Italian and have the AT250, nothing is going to show. However, if I have Raitalia (?? spelling?) and the AT250, and select Italian and English, all channels will show.

Also, if I say I don't like certain types of shows, they will "go missing". On top of that, if I "like" certain shows, but not all shows, channels that do not match my likes will "go missing" as well.

FYI: Prior to "resetting an account", I need to know the issue 100% and it has to fall in a certain range of issues in order for me to "delete" or "reset" the account.

Same issue for me

I am having the same problem. For about three days now, I can watch live TV, but I cannot see the guide or any of my recorded shows. This is happening across all platforms - computer, iPhone and iPad. Chatted online with Dish support and they were absolutely no help at all. Said they would send the issue to the engineering team to look into. I am located in California.

Last edited:
Again this is why they need to release a stand alone player. There is NO REASON in the world why we should have to rely on a DISH Network website to watch our Slingboxes!

I totally agree, Scott, they own Sling, why not use the SlingBox interface with the Sling Adapter, much better than their website.

Are there other companies that do the same thing as sling that actually works? If someone has an actual sling device and goes to the sling website, do they see these issues?

Just wanted to check in, this is still a known issue that is being work on. If I can please get more people to PM me issues with your account number, the server accessed in the Address Bar, and the email used to log in.

FWIW, Dish Online grid works (using that term very loosely) for me in IE. It's blank using the IE Tab add-on in Chrome. iPhone works fine. Haven't tried it on the iPad lately.

I recently started getting "There were no results found" in all tabs on the iPad Dish Remote Access app. I can watch Live TV, but cannot see anything in the tabs. I am able to see "Scheduled", "Timers", etc. I have removed and reinstalled the app along with rebooting it. This also happens on my iPhone.

I had the same issue with "no results" in IE9, but cleared cache/cookies/etc and am able to view the guide. I am able to see the guide using Safari on the iPad, but can't watch anything for obvious reasons.

Information sent to ZachS

The program guide just started working again. This morning, when it was not working, the Dish web server was: dish9.sling.com. Just now, the web server switched to: dish11.sling.com, and the program guide is now working again.

The program guide just started working again. This morning, when it was not working, the Dish web server was: dish9.sling.com. Just now, the web server switched to: dish11.sling.com, and the program guide is now working again.

Same here - started working again except where I was hitting dish9.sling.com before mine now goes to dish8 - maybe it was a bad server?

pstein said:
So, after reading the attached message I checked my language settings (under "Preferences") in the iPad app. I hadn't checked this earlier because I knew I hadn't changed anything there.

Much to my surprise, there are no languages at all listed for me to choose from. The "list" is blank. Could this be the problem? How can it be fixed?

Yeh,so, the iPad DRA app is working again this morning. And, significantly, the language list is now populated with a long list of languages.

Yep working now.

Attachments

• sling3.JPG
    sling3.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 91
I re-connected it, and it was detected. Next time I use it If it stops again, I'll have to get up and see if the SA red light is off, didn't do that when I got the error. Thanks Matt
Dan

Matt .. not to be the d*ck on this.. but you realize DishOnline doesn't allow the user to see what server they are connecting to, they only show
Code:
www.dishonline.com
... no real server association. So the back end sling conneciton is probably still the same, but the front end is now just a redirector with load balancing (manually or some truly non-dynamic scheme) ... and so ... for "DishOnline.com" this kind of feedback can't be gotten by the lay person. To find out what server the user is connecting to (unless they come out with an "info" button) they'd have to check their netstat in a command prompt, or they'd have to look at the log file for the web player.

And that's something that really should be pushed back to DishOnline about *not* hiding the direct server name a user connects to .. specifically because of issues like this.. which have continued for over a year, and then there's the whole other range of issues that were also found to be associated to user account on which dishXX.sling.com server they connected to..
We did just get an update that some (not all) accounts are having issues getting the grid to load properly.

At this point, it is a known issue, and we are working on a fix. I would need the following info sent to me in a PM if you want me to put in a report, along with software version, and phone/account number.

Attention:
If you receive a call from a customer who is unable
to view the Grid or My DVR
within
Sling/DRA, please submit a detailed TPR including:
The server accessed in the Address Bar at the top
of the page, and the User ID affected.
We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts