Is it easy to blow LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

covcomm

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
I decided I wanted to move my Dish from a roof mount to a pole attached to the eve of the garage. Could not get it aimed, I moved it back to the roof mount and lined up the marks, I marked azm and elev with a sharpy. No go.

Ideas? Any dealers in houston where I can get another LNB?

TIA!!!

What makes you think it's the lnb? Sounds more like a L O S (line of sight) problem. You moved it, now you need to get it back where it was? I say this because it's very very rare for the lnb to go bad, although it can happen.
On another note, it could be a good idea to have a backup lnb...?

Thx... I moved it back to the roof mount pole where it was. LOS is clear. I just wanted to make sure I was not fighting a bad LNB. The coax I was using to align it at the new position had a connection issue. It was intermittant. I was worried the make/break that happened two times wacked the LNB. I will go back out in the morning and make sure it is all lined back up.

Was the receiver powered off while disconnecting the cables? Also, I would carefully inspect the cable ends if all was well before and alignment is back where it was.

Yes the receiver was off when disconnecting. I have seen many warnings about that on here so I was worried that perhaps the connection problem I had with my jumper caused some damage. I have a coolsat 5000 and the signal strength dropped way off a couple of times as I was attempting to aim. I am going back out there in a few minutes....

I'm with AMC1 on this one, I have also toasted (only) 1 LNB because I accidentally left reciver ON with a 22khz/DiseqC switch in the mix. Luckily I had another one to test with so I could verify it was gone - got a replacement and that is what did it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts