Is it too early for a CES synopsys for Voom?

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
I have been following the Voom/CES threads and I see them go from general discussions of the topic to techno-detail discussions.

I would like an overall discussion of what we have learned from the show.
My impression so far is not good.

1. Working DVR stuck in a cabinet where people cannot see the connections
2. No ceremonial roll out of anything
3. Vague dates on DVR, new content, upgrade in technology
4. D* and E* stealing the limelight with announcements we thought were Vooms

Based on what I am hearing in general, i think I will be dropping Voom until they are actually delivering what I want.
I love voom so please anyone who thinks I am reading this wrong, jump in.

Thats about it. I think March or April is my date. If I dont see something delivered on by then and D* adds some channels like TNTHD then Im probably gone.

Choices, Choices??

vurbano said:
Thats about it. I think March or April is my date. If I dont see something delivered on by then and D* adds some channels like TNTHD then Im probably gone.

I thought the same way and canceled Voom and went back to Dish. Missed Voom and now have both Dish and Voom. Together they make a pair. They compliment one another. Subscribing to one and not both is like buying one shoe and not two. Come on folks, it's only money and you can't take it with you. There are always choices so spend spend spend! This is America, that's why you have choices. Isn't it grand?! :)

Indy said:
I thought the same way and canceled Voom and went back to Dish. Missed Voom and now have both Dish and Voom. Together they make a pair. They compliment one another. Subscribing to one and not both is like buying one shoe and not two. Come on folks, it's only money and you can't take it with you. There are always choices so spend spend spend! This is America, that's why you have choices. Isn't it grand?! :)

Are you married?
I feel the same way, but it has been pointed out to me "We don't neeeed voom and cable"

"Isn't it grand?! "

Yes...but that doesn't mean I want to SPEND a grand to enjoy all of it ;)

Lob

Yes I am married and the question of why do we need two providers arose this morning. I will have to think on that one a while. Let you know what I come up with. I can't use HGTV anymore since it is on Voom too.

Well guys I'm married and at current have Voom,Directv and Dish.Although with Dish I downgraded to just the HDTV package with their cheapest package. I want to by this year spring early summer to have one provider and I want it to be Voom.

All you guys need is a testicle enlarger! :D

squirrelreal.jpg

Wow, it even happens to squirrels when they get old.

Kentstater72 said:
I have been following the Voom/CES threads and I see them go from general discussions of the topic to techno-detail discussions.
You've seen nothing yet! Watch this thread go from general discussions to testicle enlarger! :D

So, should we rename this thread or delete all the messages? :)

I sub to Directv and VOOM and Im pretty happy with both. I can tell you I watch VOOM a ton more. If I had to get rid of one it would be Directv. As it stands now VOOm is light years ahead of the HD on Directv. There's just a ton more to watch on VOOM. Now that Im receiving most of my locals OTA....I dont even switch Directv on. I have to keep Directv until the one year contract is up.

vinnyv07 said:
I sub to Directv and VOOM and Im pretty happy with both. I can tell you I watch VOOM a ton more. If I had to get rid of one it would be Directv. As it stands now VOOm is light years ahead of the HD on Directv. There's just a ton more to watch on VOOM. Now that Im receiving most of my locals OTA....I dont even switch Directv on. I have to keep Directv until the one year contract is up.

Just curious... but how much would it cost you to terminate Directv now instead of paying the monthly sub fee for the next 12 months?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts