Is my VIP 622 Dying

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KDRE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
The picture shut off and it sounds like a fan or whever is constantly running or whatever this noise it is its making.

The lights are all off and when I unplug it or try holding down power for reset, it does the same thing

The screen on the tv will blink black and white bars (just two thick ones about half the screen each)once or twice but thats it.

Earlier it wouldnt rewind or open my recorded events until I did the reset by holding down power.. anyone else have this issue?

OK so it turned back on about half an hour later

Thing is now, all of my recordings are gone

The list still shows the hours I had available left over as though they are there but there arent any events.

Even stranger, it wont allow me to record.. what gives

Probably pause den't work either, sounds like the HDD died, call DISH and get a replacement

Yeah, I called late last night. Cant remember how long I've had it but it has worked well for me over the years... sucks becasue i have to wait 5 business days to watch tv

Anyone want to recommend some good internet sites to watch tv on?

Try Justin.tv or Hulu.com That should help get you through some of days. You can always go to the actual network website (abc, nbc etc) and watch some of the shows that are about a day old.

Good luck! My 622 has been giving me problems too. :(

Yeah, I called late last night. Cant remember how long I've had it but it has worked well for me over the years... sucks becasue i have to wait 5 business days to watch tv

Anyone want to recommend some good internet sites to watch tv on?

My 622 that I have had for two years with no trouble did the same thing! I unpluged it overnight and in the morning it booted up and all functions worked, but by evening it crashed again and keeps rebooting,

I have ordered a external harddrive, hopfully I can get everthing off before I get a replacement!

I might take the cover off and see if there is alot dust inside.

Does anyone know what component is failing if the harddrive still works ok?? JW

Good luck!

You must have seen my threads of my plight with Dish's awful unreliable refurb replacements. I'm on replacement # 6 now since October and now have intermittent trouble with the current refurb. I decided to Dish it up with a 722K and placed an order before Christmas and now I discover they are sending out another broken 622 instead. It's been 10 days on order this time so maybe they just canceled it. When it comes to this end of Dish Network, they really suck!

j- just saw your question- In my case the original 622 was 2 years old too. It began to fail with every recording and playback breaking up looking like signal loss. But the external HD recordings were fine. If I transferred an external HD program to the internal, it would be broken up after playing fine on the external. This was a clear indication the HD was failing. If the 622 keeps rebooting all the time, especially after it warms up from a long unplugged cold condition, it is likely a power supply breakdown. Tech support will want you to test it in another outlet to be sure your surge protector or wall outlet is not intermittent 120 VAC. I had four 622 refurbs with power supply trouble ( constant rebooting) and two with smart card socket reading troubles. Other people have had HDMI output troubles but so far none of my refurbs have had that issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)