Is the 722 degrading OTA quality?

I personally think the 722 does grt, I have charter local hd channels aswell that normally looks great but the other night for a football game I switched to the 722 for my local hd. And to say the least the 722 ota looked fabulous, it just had alot more pop to the picture. And all my locals through the 722 have recorded looking really sweet. My tv tunes a little better but pic quality don't think theres a difference at all.

My 722 does great too. Any macro-blocking I see on it, such as NBC, I also see on my Sammy LNS-4696D, so it is definitely the source or the decoding is identical.

Ted

My TV's tuner has never lost the OTA signal. The 722 OTA tuner has. So in aquiring/locking a signal, my TV's tuner is better. However, once signal is locked I can't tell a difference in PQ between OTA-TV, OTA-722, and SAT-722-locals.

I've done a side-by-side of OTA-722 and SAT-722-locals using the 722's split screen. I can't do a direct side-by-side throwing my TV's tuner in the mix, so my comment of OTA-TV = OTA-722 is a bit subjective (I am "remembering" the PQ as I switch inputs on my TV, which is not instantaneous by any means). I get a few seconds of black screen while switching the TV's inputs, don't know why that is, but it is what it is and I guess that's just the way my TV works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)