Is this correct: No blind scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there no blind scan with the pc receiver?

Skystar2 version 2.3 with two different people's software. Blind scan a whole satellite in 60 seconds. Only with card version 2.3, also need drivers earlier then 4.4.0

hXXp://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=29615

and

hXXp://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=27347

so the twinhans don't do it then I take it.

thanks for the reply

edit
--------------------
I did a "google" is Skystar2 version 2.3 software... that works with twinhan pci card

Last edited:
PCI devices DVB-S
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/PCI_devices_DVB-S

DVB USB
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB

DVB-S IEEE1394 / Firewire / iLink Boxes
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/IEEE1394_devices_DVB-S

Here is a list of full feature DVB cards as well as budget DVB cards…use this list to help you find what operating system supports the DVB PCI or USB card you own…all cards that have Linux support also have some features that are sought after by the FTA community such as “blind scan”…there verity of open license programs under Linux that support “blind scan”. I am not sure if this is a good place for this, PSB/Iceberg can check and move or create a new thread if required...this topic seems to be in demand...

I have emailed tech support for the DVB World USB box and asked about Linux driver, they emailed back they would have their engineers look into developing those drivers. So perhaps, one day for the DVB World box.

I have emailed tech support for the DVB World USB box and asked about Linux driver, they emailed back they would have their engineers look into developing those drivers. So perhaps, one day for the DVB World box.

Timmy,

I would still check out the Linux forums I am sure someone has already written a driver for DVB World USB box...from what I read anything that is USB is already compatible with Linux…it is a matter of finding a program that has all the features you would like to have in your system.

what would that do and how does it help???
just trying to learn for future options/setups
thanks

What he was saying was to just have a set to box that WILL blind scan, do the blind scan, then put the info into the pc card.

Most PC cards do not blind scan, a VERY nice feature of the set top boxes, but most set top boxes will not do 4:2:2 or HD, a VERY nice feature of the PC cards.

Without blind scan, you miss a lot of feeds, games, etc.

It doesn't share the blindscan. The STB will do the blindscan, and then you get the #'s (results from blindscan) from the STB and type them into the PC (to store them) and then do a scan with the PC card.

Al

Skystar2 version 2.3 with two different people's software. Blind scan a whole satellite in 60 seconds. Only with card version 2.3, also need drivers earlier then 4.4.0

hXXp://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=29615

and

hXXp://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=27347

Hi jerryt

I'm blindscanning on a 2.3P with drivers 4.4.0

Well just like that :D
with either altrxo or BxS apps seems to be working for me...
But since i've just got my 2.3P last week i'm still very much experimenting with it. I don't know if it'd be fast with <4.4.0
newbie to blindscanning actually.

anyway i've mailed BxS about this, last update of his app 4.4.0 wasn't out yet so he wasn't aware of it

Well just like that :D
with either altrxo or BxS apps seems to be working for me...
But since i've just got my 2.3P last week i'm still very much experimenting with it. I don't know if it'd be fast with <4.4.0
newbie to blindscanning actually.

anyway i've mailed BxS about this, last update of his app 4.4.0 wasn't out yet so he wasn't aware of it

BxS had said he was going to rewrite the software for the 4.4.0 drivers. I never tried either Blind Scan software after going to the 4.4.0 drivers. Keep us informed of how it works, I may revert back to 4.28 drivers sometime.

BxS had said he was going to rewrite the software for the 4.4.0 drivers. I never tried either Blind Scan software after going to the 4.4.0 drivers. Keep us informed of how it works, I may revert back to 4.28 drivers sometime.

The thing that has stopped me from seriously looking into "downgrading" to the SKystar 2 v2.3 from my 2.6 is that the latest version of TSReader claims to require the 4.4.0 drivers and the blind scan software for v2.3 is all written for pre 4.4.0.

It would be fabulous if the 4.4.0 drivers work with blindscan s/w. Then I could go shopping :D

Well i don't mind giving further feedback, but i'm not sure it would be very accurate information as, as i said, i'm only starting to use it so I don't know exactly how it's supposed to behave. But what prevents you, jerryt, from running BxS on the 4.4.0 drivers?
BxS said he might get a new version at some point but he's been a bit busy :)

Hmm, The only driver I used for blindscan was 4.4, maybe it would work better if I went lower? Because I miss some stuff unless I put the delay all the way to 1000ms, that makes it take too long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)