Issues with OpenPli and VU+ Zero 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
As mentioned in another thread both CN and I are experiencing the same issues with our VU+ boxes.

On 103W, the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, 12080 H 30000, and on 91W, the NPR radio mux, 11913 V 2000

On the VU+ the NC-1 through NC-8 mux displays audio but no video. The NPR mux scans in but plays no audio.

CN is using OpenPLi 6.2 and I am using OpenPLi RC7.0 with the same results. Brian used OpenATV on his
OS mio 4K box and was able to get the NBC MUX back but no joy on the NPR MUX. Either CN or I will try the latest OpenATV image on our VU+ to see what happens.

As mentioned in another thread both CN and I are experiencing the same issues with our VU+ boxes.

On 103W, the NC-1 through NC-8 mux, 12080 H 30000, and on 91W, the NPR radio mux, 11913 V 2000

On the VU+ the NC-1 through NC-8 mux displays audio but no video. The NPR mux scans in but plays no audio.

CN is using OpenPLi 6.2 and I am using OpenPLi RC7.0 with the same results. Brian used OpenATV on his
OS mio 4K box and was able to get the NBC MUX back but no joy on the NPR MUX. Either CN or I will try the latest OpenATV image on our VU+ to see what happens.

Yep I definitely plan to try OpenATV when I get home from Christmas vacation :)

Sorry but like I said in the other thread it is going to need that fixed by the manufacturer. All images for the VU+zero 4k use the same drivers.
You can load the factory file straight from VU+website and those chanels won't work.The teams use the files from the manufacturer to compile their images.

Reactions: raydio
Sorry but like I said in the other thread it is going to need that fixed by the manufacturer. All images for the VU+zero 4k use the same drivers.
You can load the factory file straight from VU+website and those chanels won't work.The teams use the files from the manufacturer to compile their images.

Well that sucks! :(

On some receivers, you can go into the menu's and change any recordings
Well that sucks! :(

Didn't Brian mention sending them a .ts recording? At least one of my receivers allow you to change dvr recordings to that format. See if yours does. You could record a few minutes, and send it to the team that needs it.

Agreed, you need to send a recording to vu+ directly and see if you can get them to view it and fix it, if the hardware supports. If they don't at least you tried, but SDA_FL_USA is correct. Try all the images you want, but if vu+ don't release drivers to fix...it will not be fixed.

Well sometimes you have to explain something to me more than once for it to make sense! Thanks for the explanation.

Agreed, you need to send a recording to vu+ directly and see if you can get them to view it and fix it, if the hardware supports. If they don't at least you tried, but SDA_FL_USA is correct. Try all the images you want, but if vu+ don't release drivers to fix...it will not be fixed.

Thanks for the explanation Michael...you learn something new every day, especially since the VU is my first E2 box. I will find a way to make a .ts recording.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Either raydio or myself will export a TS file and poke VU to fix the issues :)

I'd think 5 minutes of recording would do it. However, it's going to be pretty large, so you'll likely have to post it to GoogleDrive or one of the free upload companies, ( MEGA << (this is a link) is I good one, I've used it) and send them the link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts