ITVN has charged my credit card twice

celton

Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
They also cut off phone service, I wrote to help@itvn.com 1 week ago about this duplicate charge of service, never replied back to me. Attention to all subscribers, better stop authorizing ITVN as merchant with your bank!

They also cut off phone service, I wrote to help@itvn.com 1 week ago about this duplicate charge of service, never replied back to me. Attention to all subscribers, better stop authorizing ITVN as merchant with your bank!

Well at least now I'm not the only one this has happened to. I've emailed them twice over the past couple weeks and no response. I noticed it on my credit card's website and figured when the credit card mails me the bill for the month I'll have to dispute it. Hope it doesn't happen again next month. How do you cancel this service since they don't respond to email or phone?

Richard

I've also been billed twice. I e-mailed them; let's see what happens with that. I suggest we take this to the Better Business Bureau. I know that they're re-organizing getting out of business but at least this way the BBB will have complaints on file in the case they stay in business. I looked them up and there aren't any complaints on file. This the BBB link for ITVN. You’ll notice that the BBB just create the profile for them 2/28/2008 so maybe the re-organization has completed; only time will tell…

Just a thought…

Company Report

Well I disputed this double charge with my bank, but it does not help. They ask me to cancel the service, they can not do anything, how can I ask service cancellation :) while contacts are all unreachable..Better thing is reporting this company.

You guys are not alone. I was also billed twice for March and have sent ITVN emails with my concerns to no avail. Their phones are disconnected, so contacting them via phone is out of the question. :mad: I did call my credit card company and explained to them the situation with ITVN, and they were kind enough to remove the charges.

I was actually quite content with the service ITVN provided. I know they had a lot of "bad days" when I had trouble with the service, but overall I was content as a Setanta subsriber. Now I'll have to forfeit the Setanta subscription since I don't want to shell out the money to buy certain packages with the dish companies for hundreds of channels I don't want/need and only for the 1 or 2 channels I want (ie Setanta / Fox Soccer Channel). That's what made ITVN so perfect for my situation; I could have my basic cable/satellite subscription for $20/month and just add ITVN into the mix for $15/month.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Well I called my bank

They told me I could dispute the double charges, that there was no way to block it, that I should cancel, I informed the lady that Customer Service has gone off the grid since thier company went into corporate restructuring and asked her if there was anything else I could do. She told me that the only thing i could do is cancel my debit card and they would issue me a new one.

Well I told the lady at the bank that I had a couple weeks to take care of the situation and that I would contact ITVN again. I just sent them another form mail stating that the only thing I want from them is to count thier double billing as a billing for March & April and then apply my last month of service that I already paid for when I signed up and cancel my ITVN account and never bill my debit card again. Since I signed up in May 2007 they shouldn't have any problem doing that. If they do however...

I never had a problem with the service myself, i basically quit using ITVN though after my starz free preview because I got sick of watching Deep South Wrestling reruns on MavTV.

However, if i don't get a response using thier form tomorrow i will email thier email address direct next time.

I've also filled out the form at the BBB website.

Maybe it's a problem with the form ? How have you guys been emailing them ?

Last edited:
They double billed me twice, Feb and March. I had to cancel my CC card and get a new one issued to stop it from happening again.

I called Visa directly at 1-800-VISA911 (1-800-847-2911) and made a report of a fraudulent merchant. If more people do this maybe something will happen.

My question is....

I bought one of those 1 year ebay boxes

So they do not have my CC

But the xtv service is still working.....Why if they are long gone?

Some server datacenter somewhere waiting for a nonpayment disconnect of their colo servers?

I'm having the same problem, double billed in Feb and now March. No anwesrs from the email support.

Has anyone gotten any responses from then yet???

I was also charged twice in February and my servie now shows access denied. It doesn't look like I was billed in March although it may not be showing up. I'm wondering if they are kaput.

I will be disputing the charge with my CC company.

Double-billed for the second month in a row. I had cancelled my service back in January. No responses via email and all phone numbers disconnected.

At what point does this start becoming fraud and actionable?

Their CEO is a fellow named Charles Prast. Here is his facebook page:

Charles Prast | Facebook

I found this phone number for him in their SEC filings but all I get is a busy signal. Maybe if we turn up the heat we can get a response.

Charles Prast, Chief Executive Officer (949) 365-5655

I was double billed for Feb and March. Called my AMX and changed my credit card. This is Fraud. Someone please find a way to press charges and bust all this LOOSERS.

also double charged

I was also double charged February and March. I just got those charges removed and cancelled the card. I will report ITVN as fraudulent to the BBB since I have gotten no response to my emails.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)