I've been getting a weird result...

Sean Mota said:
If some of us learn how to read some posts, may be we can all call it the same way... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=371101&postcount=10

Either way, software or not they need to fix it sooner and not later. If they are going to take our money for the service they could at least have let us know they were going to be causing potential problems before they did it. I would bet it would save them many support calls.

I'm sure not every voom subscriber is reading this site. Some of them, unlike myself may actually have something better to do.

I agree, zombie, a couple of sentences on the VOOM page to the effect "You may be experiencing temporary changes in picture quality. We are working on upgrading our system and will have your expected picture quality back in short order" or some such would be useful and save a lot of work and money. Seems like VOOM can't see the forest for the trees.

However, still enjoying HDTV even with varying PQ under clear Seattle skies, Gill

zombie said:
Either way, software or not they need to fix it sooner and not later. If they are going to take our money for the service they could at least have let us know they were going to be causing potential problems before they did it. I would bet it would save them many support calls.

I'm sure not every voom subscriber is reading this site. Some of them, unlike myself may actually have something better to do.

Completely agree with you. As I was not able to watch the Hockey because of the problem on WorldSport tonight. We are all paying for service and the service right now is not the same as three days ago.

My comment was that if we are all seeing the problem(s), we all should understand what the cause of it is and not attribute other causes when we know that it was not version 733 that are the cause of the problems. This way when the VOOM engineers or the uplinkers or the ones that are working on the new encoders come here and read it. They could have a better understanding when the problem(s) started and what caused it.

I had 733 over 3 weeks already and that was not the cause of the problem(s) we all have been having lately. It sounds to me like the problem(s) originated with the new encoders. I kept in communication with the engineers at VOOM this week regarding this problem(s) and I sending daily reports and pointing them to threads in here. If we call it like it is, they will have an easier time correcting the problem(s).

Sean,
"I had 733 over 3 weeks already"--did you mean 737?

And thanks for keeping the VOOM engineers updated. We had our first STB lockup last night in over three weeks. We were getting spoiled.

Still enjoying HDTV and will be doing even more so as Seattle skies are clouding, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts