I've just received this email from Voom...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

T2k

The Raw Nerve
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 5, 2004
Park Slope, NYC
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="595"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
oly_hdr.jpg
</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> [font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]

We're sorry to inform you that VOOM will discontinue providing service as of April 30, 2005. As a result, we have cancelled your scheduled service visit. You will not be billed for service beyond the date we received your service request. If you have any questions you may call 1-800-GET-VOOM. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
VOOM
[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, sans-serif]The VOOM and HDTV Delivered names and logos are service marks of Rainbow DBS Company LLC. Copyright 2005 Rainbow DBS Company LLC. Other trademarks and service marks shown are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Billing c/o VOOM, 200 Jericho Quadrangle, Jericho NY 11753

[/font]

Looks like this is the first of customer notifications.

They must have the backend prepared then

Probably soon we will see announcements on the TV and Emails.
CSRs are probably getting new scripts and the shutdown will enter a new phase.

I just got this as well. I have VaVa Voom, I read this like I will continue to receive service until April 30, but only be charged until my scheduled service date of April 11?

webtent said:
I just got this as well. I have VaVa Voom, I read this like I will continue to receive service until April 30, but only be charged until my scheduled service date of April 11?

I read the same way - very elegant if it's true.

Bravo again, dear Voom and thank you very much, I'm glad and proud I am one of your subscriber! :yes

I had a scheduled install for voom services on April 18th, but I just received a phone call stating that my install was cancelled and that voom services are going down as of April 30th. Good Bye Voom! :no

Earlier today I've got a call from Voom about the cancellation of their service. Iasked about the possibility of syndicating Voom21 or part of it and availability on other providers and she didn't know anything about it but I was told to call them around next Wednesday. Also I asked about the boxes, she also said they don't know anything yet, next week maybe - I mentioned that lot of us would buy these boxes for OTA purposes if Voom would offer them for cheap like $50 - in case of 1000 peolpe it's $50K immediately...

service date

webtent said:

The way it is written, you won't be charged past the date you called in and set up the service date. This is going under the assumption that you are having problems with signals or don't have a signal at all. Following this theory, you cannot be charged for programming that you are not receiving.

spahoose said:
The way it is written, you won't be charged past the date you called in and set up the service date. This is going under the assumption that you are having problems with signals or don't have a signal at all. Following this theory, you cannot be charged for programming that you are not receiving.

I received the same email, and had a service call scheduled. I ALSO recieved a bill in the mail yesterday for the month of April, which seems to conflict with what the email said.

I think I'll just wait awhile and see what happens ;)

Lob

I ALSO recieved a bill in the mail yesterday for the month of April

Mine's due April 27, so if the website still says they're shutting down, I'll mail my bill with a printout from the website. No reason to throw good money after bad.

I have heard absolutely NOTHING from Voom aside from the 15 second blurb on HDNews.

No e-mail, no call, nothing.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
I have heard absolutely NOTHING from Voom aside from the 15 second blurb on HDNews.

No e-mail, no call, nothing.

Shawn

I got the one cancelling the service call, but I haven't gotten a call or an email saying that are going off the air. Very strange.

I haven't received this email yet and I've received other communications from VOOM before, so I know they have my correct email address

Heck were do we go from here? It feels like you have to turn in your Bentley car and the only alternative are to get a KIA or a Hyundai car instead.

I just checked out DirecTV and Dish's pathetic selection of HD channels. :no

pederb said:
Heck were do we go from here? It feels like you have to turn in your Bentley car and the only alternative are to get a KIA or a Hyundai car instead.

I just checked out DirecTV and Dish's pathetic selection of HD channels. :no

You got it, looks like we're all going to be driving clunkers. HD Lite - oh boy. I think its going to be cable for me.

Just to be clear, I believe the email ONLY went to subscribers who had open service calls.

Lob

Prorates

Evidently, billing has not been set up yet to automatically prorate customer's who had service calls yet. Any charges that you incur after the date you called in to schedule a service call will be refunded back to you.

I didn't have an open service call...but I did receive the email.

Lobstah said:
Just to be clear, I believe the email ONLY went to subscribers who had open service calls.

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)