Jaeger SMR-1224 EL Group Buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

corey006

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Sadoun has stated he will import if he gets enough buyers.

Mark me down for 1 Jaeger SMR 1224-EL.:hungry:

1224_superjack.jpg

SUPERJACK H-H MOUNT

(I'll post this here and over at the other site... )

How much weight will this motor handle?

My H180 is in the trash bin because it broke in half, could not hold up a 6 foot dish.

This thing looks very similar, I'd hate to spend the money and find my dish on the ground again.

Any prices mentioned?

i had the same questions :)

EDIT : it says it handles 1.2m - 2.4 m dishes (but doesn't mention weight)
I too have these same questions. I want to know the weight capability before I will commit to getting one. My intended use would be for replacing actuators on existing C-Band dishes. It would be nice to get the whole ARC from ocean to ocean.... instead of 60-70% of it.

I too am not sure of weight capacity...

Mine is going to be for a 1.8 Meter Andrews Channel master. I am guessing weight of that dish to be around 75 pounds.

These prices are from European Suppliers.

Cost of standard model is around $180.

EL model is $225.

It is only $40-50 more than STAB 120.

I too have these same questions. I want to know the weight capability before I will commit to getting one. My intended use would be for replacing actuators on existing C-Band dishes. It would be nice to get the whole ARC from ocean to ocean.... instead of 60-70% of it.

I have a SMR-1224 on a Fortecstar 2.4m dish and it handles it no problems. However, i would not trust it on a heavier fiberglass dish. Please note that the motor is rated at 36V so you need a Vbox to drive it.

I was about to order one of these from an overseas vendor.

I might prefer to wait, if this happens sooner than later. So I'll ask a potentially difficult question- What is the expected time frame for this?

Additionally, an adaptor plate exists for mounting ChannelMaster dishes. Any chance there is interest in adding this piece to the effort?

Pending a favorable answer to the time question, I will buy at least one 1224-EL.

I was about to order one of these from an overseas vendor.

I might prefer to wait, if this happens sooner than later. So I'll ask a potentially difficult question- What is the expected time frame for this?

Additionally, an adaptor plate exists for mounting ChannelMaster dishes. Any chance there is interest in adding this piece to the effort?

Pending a favorable answer to the time question, I will buy at least one 1224-EL.

I am pretty sure anyone that can install/mount a satellite dish has enough skills and tools to fabricate a flat mounting bracket or is there something I am missing?

The only reason I say this is extra brackets is extra cost and weight.

I made bracket for my 1.2 meter CM to mount onto SG2100 and it is working ok.

I have a SMR-1224 on a Fortecstar 2.4m dish and it handles it no problems. However, i would not trust it on a heavier fiberglass dish. Please note that the motor is rated at 36V so you need a Vbox to drive it.
Thanks for this much info, it gives me a better idea on the weight capacities, although still no hard numbers? I'm aware of the 36v to operate, but if I get one, I'm sure I'll be using one of the Analog receivers (6 in storage) I already own to drive it. I have a V-Box 2 and it's still in the box. I've had it for over a year and haven't found the compulsion to try it out. Although I have 2 @ 10' (1 fiberglass, 1 mesh) BUD's in use, I have some others laying around I would like to use with this HH mount, if I can find out the weight capacity, it could very well happen.
I actually have a couple of fiberglass dishes (a 10', a 12') larger than your 8' dish, but I also have a few 10' meshes I think could probably work with this motor?

Pwrsurge - thanks for the input.
Could you post a few pictures of the dish 'n motor?
I've heard of people using a 2.4 with the motor but never seen one.

Oh, and where are you located?

edit: yea included mounting plates for offset dishes are desirable.
AND also, I'd like more info on the reed-switch versus optical feedback.

According to the discussion at this forum...

The 1224 can be used for dishes up to 50-60 kgs and 2.4 meters.

That is 110 -120 lbs.

I think it would be perfect for my 1.8 Andrews. My 1.2 weighs 37.5 lbs with everything on it.

This is what one user said:

hi all i have two of these and am happy with them .I have had problems though . strong enough to handle a 2.4 solid easily approx (60kgs) but as you can imagine these dishes scoop up quite a bit of wind (cosequently the problem) i had a very an i mean severe wind gust (s) lasting some 3-4 hours a few months back and it stripped some of the teeth on the main cog rendering it flapping around in the wind like a wind mill. obviously pi**ed off but dish was ok. took it all apart and it looks like a fixable option .what i realised was that i had to make a better device to hold the dish still rather than rely on the preload and meshing of the teeh on the gears .to this time the easiest option that i could think of was to attach a ring to the dish mounting and then connect a disc brake caliper off a small jap buzzbox or similiar to a bracket mounted to the body of the hh motor and using the 36v to operate a soleniod that either engages or releases the dis brake whenever a command is sent to the motor to move to another postion (comments please) but other than that still a very solid unit

Jaeger HH heavy duty mounts - opinions? - Free to Air Satellite Forums (Asia Pacific)

Reactions: madmadworld
YOU can do it....If I can so can you.:D:up

Heh, oh, I completely agree. I still remain unconvinced that I'd want to. Anyway, I promise that we'll work it out so you won't pay any marginal costs on shipping my bracket around.

So how about it Sadoun? I hope to hear from you soon. What is the magic number of orders to get this to go ahead?

I am tired so may be just not seeing this, Needs 36 volts to operate - so will not work on Fortec Mecury II , is this correct? Or will Mercury drive Vbox. (please pardon my lack of education on this.)

Yes, a Vbox or a Gbox would drive that Jaeger motor....
... or an 18 .. 24" jack like you were discussing in your thread about the 1m Primestar.
The Mercury sends signals to the Vbox, and it moves the motor/dish.

So how about it Sadoun? I hope to hear from you soon. What is the magic number of orders to get this to go ahead?

A 20ft container would hold around 650pcs. However, we can fit a small order in our next container from Far East with other products.

If I have 50 orders of the SMR-1224, we can do it. Less than that and it becomes too expensive for all.

Dish Weight Capacity is up to 140 lbs
Price for the SMR-1224 will be around $285 plus around $25 for S/H
Delivery Lead-time: 8 weeks

The SMR-1224EL is not necessary since it will hardly be used here.

A 20ft container would hold around 650pcs. However, we can fit a small order in our next container from Far East with other products.

If I have 50 orders of the SMR-1224, we can do it. Less than that and it becomes too expensive for all.

Dish Weight Capacity is up to 140 lbs
Price for the SMR-1224 will be around $285 plus around $25 for S/H
Delivery Lead-time: 8 weeks

The SMR-1224EL is not necessary since it will hardly be used here.

What if you live in way off place like halfway to North Pole....still $25 Shipping?

Status
Please reply by conversation.