Jailbreaking iPhone

"Anyone" ? Unless you're "in" with the group of devs who create the jailbreaks, you're not likely to know ! :D I'm sure they try their hardest to keep it secret.

What I did read was if you're already jailbroken, do not update. Duh... That's from Redmond Pie. I'd hope it's obvious to jailbreakers to never update their OS without some investigation.

Although it has nothing to do with jailbroken iPhones, iOS V4.1 restored my wife's 2G iPod Touch to zippiness. My son is happy that he can play "Angry Birds" without the iPod freezing.

I haven't tested it yet, but one fix is supposed to be better Bluetooth Audio integration. I hope that means I can use the Skip Forward and Skip Backward buttons on my Sync to control my iPhone 4.

iOS 4.1 was released today. Rumors are that the jailbreak for this version is already done as well. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, do you know where we can get the jailbreak?

I want to make sure there is a jailbreak before I update to 4.1

This is a must bookmark for those interested in Jailbreaking. HTH.

It looks like the latest jailbreak is not even on the OS level, but on boot ROM; reportedly working on 4.1
iOS 4.1 Jailbreak Using New Bootrom Based Exploit Confirmed | Redmond Pie

Will make it harder to patch...

Diogen.
Maybe Apple will need to send out new iPhones to fix? ;)

Probably not, just a new update that will flash the firmware in the device. But, if that can be done, someone will analyze the process Apple uses and it will usher in a new wave of Jailbreaks.

The jailbreak for iOS 4.1 is supposed to be released today. I have found two different sources and both in Beta. Does anyone know the best source for jailbreaking 4.1?

Just did the jailbreak. Pretty simple. Everything good so far. Cydia is a little slow and most of the apps, addons, and tweaks are for pre iOS4

getting spammed in the Cydia store.

Everything I try to install always defaults to a PC Antivirus download page and now Cydia homescreen gives me a 502 error

Cydia is now up and running normally.

Was able to go back to my Dodgers theme

Attachments

• IMG_0534.PNG
    IMG_0534.PNG
    93.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0535.PNG
    IMG_0535.PNG
    66.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0536.PNG
    IMG_0536.PNG
    50.5 KB · Views: 145
Another thing I noticed while my phone was charging, the Dodgers battery

Attachments

• IMG_0537.PNG
    IMG_0537.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 107
limera1n does not work on my ipod touch 3rd generation running 4.1. i have tried everything. and its no...go. it just boots back up after the "jailbreak" and returns to normal...no limerain icon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts