Jailbreaking iPhone

The jailbreak is now out. You have to create a custom IPSW using the iPad baseband. Once this happens you will not be able to do any future iOS updates. You will never be able to restore your phone back to the iPhones baseband.

I think I will wait

DodgerKing said:
The jailbreak is now out. You have to create a custom IPSW using the iPad baseband. Once this happens you will not be able to do any future iOS updates. You will never be able to restore your phone back to the iPhones baseband.

I think I will wait

I think they r referring to the baseband only. The iOS will still be upgradable.

I think they r referring to the baseband only. The iOS will still be upgradable.
Not from what I read. Because your phone will have the iPad BB, you will not be able to update to a newer iOS through iTunes.

Either way, this particular upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 and its jailbreak is not worth it at all. I will stick with my jailbroken iOS 4.1.02

With these jailbreaks becoming more detailed, with more steps, and much more complicated, it shows that Apple is doing a good job at patching their holes in which they take advantage. I will not be surprised if future software upgrades become nearly impossible to hack.

[QUOTE="DodgerKing"

Either way, this particular upgrade to iOS 4.2.1 and its jailbreak is not worth it at all. I will stick with my jailbroken iOS 4.1.02[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

DodgerKing said:
With these jailbreaks becoming more detailed, with more steps, and much more complicated, it shows that Apple is doing a good job at patching their holes in which they take advantage. I will not be surprised if future software upgrades become nearly impossible to hack.

Hackers will find a way around it. Everyone said the Droid X wouldn't be rooted and it was. They also claimed the same thing on the G2. The G2 is rooted and can be flashed.

I tried jail-breaking one of the iPods this weekend with no luck... It's currently on 3.1.2 and fails when I try to go to 3.1.3 or 4.0.x or 4.1.x (don't remember full version numbers ... downloaded from here, iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download). I either get an error code 13 (couldn't restore ?) or "device not eligible" or similar. My SHSH data is "on file" at Cydia.

I was able to restore it with 3.1.2 and used Spirit again to re-jailbreak it so at least I'm not stuck at a (temporarily or tethered) non-jailbreakable version.

I did see something from RedmondPie about a non-tethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 coming out. Will have to cross fingers for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts