Jettisoning "replaytv 5040" + Panasonic TU-HDS20B

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

photonicwave

Original poster
Dec 25, 2004
I wish to buy a Hughes HR10-250 to replace both my Panasonic TU-HDS20B and its downstream mono-tuner "replaytv 5040". Along with having to watch solely that which I am recording, I'm also weary of switching channels at glacial pace. I currently have the elliptical triple-LNB with its 4 internally multiplexed interconnects. Operating without an ounce of foresight, I ran only 1 coax into the home; and then I blissfully and ignorantly had the house newly sided. Can I rectify the lack of the 2nd coax via any type of multiswitch construct within the living space? I'm only going to 1 television with its upstream dual-tuner HR10-250.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas,

photonicwave

photonicwave said:
Can I rectify the lack of the 2nd coax via any type of multi-switch construct within the living space?

Unfortunately .... no. Even with the latest and greatest in L-Band/stacked technology you are still limited due to to the multi-satellite configuration. You would still need one line for 101 and one line for 119/110.

You will need to get an additional line from the dish to the 2nd tuner to take full advantage of the Tivo.

Thank you CablerMN. It just so happens that I have 2 DiRECWAY dishes, each with their own pair of coax. One of the dishes is not being used, so I can reroute its cable(s) which are already inside, albeit one floor below.

Have a safe and health New Year,

photonicwave

charper1 said:
What do you want for that ReplayTV 5040?
Charper1,

I usually hang on to relics like these...sort of a Smithsonian instinct I guess...but you can name a fair price. The lifetime licensure for this RTV5040 has of course been paid. I have the original box as well.

Thank you,

photonicwave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)