Jettisoning "replaytv 5040" + Panasonic TU-HDS20B

Status
Please reply by conversation.

photonicwave

Original poster
Dec 25, 2004
I wish to buy a Hughes HR10-250 to replace both my Panasonic TU-HDS20B and its downstream mono-tuner "replaytv 5040". Along with having to watch solely that which I am recording, I'm also weary of switching channels at glacial pace. I currently have the elliptical triple-LNB with its 4 internally multiplexed interconnects. Operating without an ounce of foresight, I ran only 1 coax into the home; and then I blissfully and ignorantly had the house newly sided. Can I rectify the lack of the 2nd coax via any type of multiswitch construct within the living space? I'm only going to 1 television with its upstream dual-tuner HR10-250.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas,

photonicwave

photonicwave said:
Can I rectify the lack of the 2nd coax via any type of multi-switch construct within the living space?

Unfortunately .... no. Even with the latest and greatest in L-Band/stacked technology you are still limited due to to the multi-satellite configuration. You would still need one line for 101 and one line for 119/110.

You will need to get an additional line from the dish to the 2nd tuner to take full advantage of the Tivo.

Thank you CablerMN. It just so happens that I have 2 DiRECWAY dishes, each with their own pair of coax. One of the dishes is not being used, so I can reroute its cable(s) which are already inside, albeit one floor below.

Have a safe and health New Year,

photonicwave

charper1 said:
What do you want for that ReplayTV 5040?
Charper1,

I usually hang on to relics like these...sort of a Smithsonian instinct I guess...but you can name a fair price. The lifetime licensure for this RTV5040 has of course been paid. I have the original box as well.

Thank you,

photonicwave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)