Jimmy Kimmel beats Jay Leno for first time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Jimmy Kimmel beats Jay Leno for first time
by James Hibberd

For the first time ever within the regular TV season, Jimmy Kimmel topped Jay Leno among adults 18-49. This ratings win actually happened last week, but we’re just telling you now because Nielsen collects accurate late-night ratings via stagecoach or something and they take awhile to be released. Despite airing in a later time period, Kimmel edged out Leno by 4 percent last Thursday.
Anyway, back to our usual next-day focus. Wednesday night: CBS’ two-hour Criminal Minds finale blowout was not only up 21 percent from last week, but also improved upon the drama’s finale last year — a rare claim nowadays.
Minds delivered 13.5 million viewers and a 3.5 rating in the adult demo Wednesday evening. Yet it was Fox’s American Idol (17.3 million, 4.8) that won the night. This was Idol‘s Top 3 performance show, so we’re in the final lap here.
ABC’s lineup was soft, with flagship Modern Family (9.3 million, 3.9) down 11 percent to a season low. The Middle (6.5 million, 1.9), Suburgatory finale (5.4 million, 1.8), Don’t Trust the B— (4.8 million, 2.0) and Revenge (6.8 million, 2.0) were also weaker than usual.

I think it is kind of sad when people resort to hair dye (and I undesrtand that Grecian Formula is technically not a dye) or face lifts. Just grow older naturally and gracefully.

I'm still a Conan fan.

I did like Kimmel's bits when he was making fun of Leno during the whole late night debacle.

Actually Jay is pretty good about introducing new musical artists, I first saw Lady Gaga on his "mistake"by NBC primetime show... I've seen many I've never heard of on his show first.

Maybe, but that is because of the musical booking coordinators, not Leno or Letterman.

And most of those bands on those two shows were probably on Fallon or Kimmel, or even Daly's show first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts