Jimmy Rollins wins NL MVP

Salut!

As a Nats fan (sort of) it pains me to recognize the Phillies but Rollins did a lot for that team and whil their miracle fisnish was largely a Mets collapse at least they wereable to capitalize on it.

Andre Dawson hada n MVP year on a fifth place team. the reporters decide and they can use any standards or criteria they want.

Andre Dawson hada n MVP year on a fifth place team. the reporters decide and they can use any standards or criteria they want.

I remember that too...BUT, that year...if I am not mistaken, he played for a crappy Cubs team...but his number were SO gaudy....Like homers in the high 40s and RBIs in the high 130s...and NO ONE was even close. It was TOO hard NOT to consider him.

My vote is for Holliday. He did lead the league in homers and rbi's didn't he?

Well...forget those glamour stats....unless of course you are talking GAUDY numbers like A-Rod's. Could the Rockies have made the playoffs WITHOUT Holliday....NO....But then again, I not sure if the Phillies could have made the push they did without Rollins either....BUT DEFINATELY could not have made it without Utley or Howard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts