Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Not a fan of the new SMP windows client

I've decided to switch from the SMP client to 2x standard CPU clients. The new 6.22beta SMP client decided to trash a nearly complete work unit when windows popped up a firewall message on me. As long as the bonus -advmethods work units are available, I don't lose much PPD and the shorter work units give me more flexibility for shutting down without missing any deadlines.

Stimpson, Has your prblem been solved yet?
Your log says this: Use IE connection settings: Yes (This setting should be set to "NO")
So do I check the block "set proxy server"? Don't understand why this is happening. I have been folding for a long time now with my current settings and have never had a problem until now. Ok. Thanks to those that replied. With all of your help I found the info I needed and problem is solved. Again, thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Same here. My point production has ground to a halt since I've switched over to the new 6.22beta SMP client.

Hopefully it will get back on track soon.

Guys this 6.22 upgrade is a bit messy.
It seems if you were using 5.91 you should pick the mpich version of 6.22 if you were using 5.92 you should use the deino version.
Also be certain you are using the -smp flag as by default 6.22 runs as a single cpu client, and that is why you ppd will drop

I guess we get warned about being beta, but some of us just love the challenge !:D

Oh and the 5.91 version got it's date extended so you can just stick with that.

Ok. So it processed two WU from my queue after I unchecked the IE connection box, it sent in two WU from the queue, and now it's back to the Attempting to send results thing again. New log posted.

Attachments

• Stimpys Log.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 77
I'm not. The only thing checked on the connection page is the bottom box. The one about allow the receit of work assighnments greater than 5 meg.

--- Opening Log file [August 4 07:40:01]

Stimpson, This is an excerpt of your log. Notice the part I underlined. Is this normal for the 5.03 client?

# Windows Graphical Edition ###################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 5.03

Folding@home - Main

Launch directory: C:\Program Files\Folding@Home

[07:40:01] - Ask before connecting: No
[07:40:02] - Proxy: localhost:8080
[07:40:02] - User name: Stimpson (Team 55236)
[07:40:02] - User ID: 5345BF22340EE410
[07:40:02] - Machine ID: 1
[07:40:02]
[07:40:03] Loaded queue successfully.
[07:40:03] Initialization complete
[07:40:03] + Benchmarking ...
[07:40:07] Unit 2's deadline (August 4 06:48) has passed.
[07:40:33]
[07:40:33] + Processing work unit
[07:40:33] Core required: FahCore_82.exe
[07:40:33] Core found.

--- Opening Log file [August 4 07:40:01]

Stimpson, This is an excerpt of your log. Notice the part I underlined. Is this normal for the 5.03 client?

# Windows Graphical Edition ###################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 5.03

Folding@home - Main

Launch directory: C:\Program Files\Folding@Home

[07:40:01] - Ask before connecting: No
[07:40:02] - Proxy: localhost:8080
[07:40:02] - User name: Stimpson (Team 55236)
[07:40:02] - User ID: 5345BF22340EE410
[07:40:02] - Machine ID: 1
[07:40:02]
[07:40:03] Loaded queue successfully.
[07:40:03] Initialization complete
[07:40:03] + Benchmarking ...
[07:40:07] Unit 2's deadline (August 4 06:48) has passed.
[07:40:33]
[07:40:33] + Processing work unit
[07:40:33] Core required: FahCore_82.exe
[07:40:33] Core found.

Maybe not. I just checked my log on my work machine and that line is not there. I'll check my configuration again when I get home today. I also see on my work machine that it's failling to connect to 171.64.122.76 & .78. Beginning to think it's a server issue.

Welcome back 5thfreedom :)
Glad to have you back, 5thfreedom!!! Also, I see that duggan75 should be our newest Points Millionaire tonight! Congratulations on reaching the 1,000,000 Point Milestone!!!

The Team should be hitting 20 Million Points here pretty soon, too. Too bad there are so many new Teams that are shooting up the charts; we keep on going up and back down again in the rankings. I guess we need some Canadian cold fronts to move through so some of our fair-weather Folders (I mean that literally) can fire up their rigs again.

Me, I'm loving the new 6.20 Mac OS X clients! My ppd has shot up, even with having to shut down when the Tornado Sirens went off the other night. My big problem has been AT&T crapping out every couple of days. So far, it's only messed me up twice in the last month, but after all the battles that we fight trying to get WUs and upload results to busy servers, it's unexpected to have the problem be on my end.

Finally, last bit of Folding Trivia: Scorpion.sting now has 10 times as many points as Scott does. Come on, Scott! Get with the program (that you started!) Fold on, Scott! (Fold on, Garth...) :D

Last edited:
Glad to have you back, 5thfreedom!!! Also, I see that duggan75 should be our newest Points Millionaire tonight! Congratulations on reaching the 1,000,000 Point Milestone!!!

The Team should be hitting 20 Million Points here pretty soon, too. Too bad there are so many new Teams that are shooting up the charts; we keep on going up and back down again in the rankings. I guess we need some Canadian cold fronts to move through so some of our fair-weather Folders (I mean that literally) can fire up their rigs again.

Me, I'm loving the new 6.20 Mac OS X clients! My ppd has shot up, even with having to shut down when the Tornado Sirens went off the other night. My big problem has been AT&T crapping out every couple of days. So far, it's only messed me up twice in the last month, but after all the battles that we fight trying to get WUs and upload results to busy servers, it's unexpected to have the problem be on my end.

Finally, last bit of Folding Trivia: Scorpion.sting now has 10 times as many points as Scott does. Come on, Scott! Get with the program (that you started!) Fold on, Scott! (Fold on, Garth...) :D

Yeah sometime during the storms we had, my router got zapped and my ppd went down but I'm back up and running. Oh and I got my electric bill last week and it went up about $50 so I did shutdown 1 of my video cards. (Can't turn it all off, I'm too addicted.):D

I guess I now technically have a Folding Farm.

The GeForce 8800GS I picked up for $69.99 AR from Newegg arrived and it's now happily folding away in my budget box.

I may end up retiring my PS3 for power efficiency reasons (PPD/Watt can't compete with GPU), but my production should increase to > 7000ppd.

Disappearance - 103 W AMC1/Spaceway 1/DirecTV 10/DirecTV 12

Software Update Coming