Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

You are holding the team record, as of late (or longer), for the most PPD. Nearly 49,000 in one day - impressive!
He just wants to beat SatinKzo and me to 4,000,000 points! ;)

I've been enjoying the lower temperatures of the last few weeks. No problem Folding as the extra heat keeps us comfortable. I haven't turned on the air conditioning yet which may turn into a personal record of no AC until June.

I've been enjoying the lower temperatures of the last few weeks. No problem Folding as the extra heat keeps us comfortable. I haven't turned on the air conditioning yet which may turn into a personal record of no AC until June.

Still don't think I'm going to quite catch either of you to 4,000,000..

Agreed on these great temps we are having and no Air Con!!! I have no case for the unit that is running the 3 converted 9800's plus the fact that the 650 watt power supply wasn't enough to run the SMP client while the 3 GPU client's were running so had to add a 300 watt Power supply to power a couple of the legs of the video cards, it looks like quite the contraption!!:eek: On top of that I have to use a floor standing fan on about medium to low to keep it all kool..:rolleyes: Hopefully when the girlfriend returns early next week I can take Pics and show the contraption. I guess you would say I'm addicted..!!:D;)

Fold On..!!!

Plazz

Dug up the old floppy camera and took some pics.. :)

Sorry if the quality is low..

oldfolder1.JPGoldfolder2.JPGoldfolder3.JPG

Fold On...!!!!

Plazz

PS Found out you can actually hot plug a floppy into windows 7 RC edition but crashed my USB skype phone..!! :)

Last edited:
I fired up 2 extra SMPs and I have 2 9800's coming just to make it more of a challenge. :)

Great News..!!! Glad you got the fever again.. Don't think you needed to go to all that to beat me to 4,000,000 though..!!!:) Pretty sure you would have beat me there along with Foxbat with out. I was away to long to catch up.. ;)

Fold On ..!!!

Plazz

I had to turn it on today - it got to 94 degrees here in Idaho! My GPU is running at 70 in a 75 degree house. I've got about 300 watts heating up my house from my computer - so I may have to tone it down this summer.

On another note - I'm going to put in an attic fan and probably insulate my garage ceiling. That ought to help keep the house a little cooler.

Dug up the old floppy camera and took some pics.. :)

Sorry if the quality is low..

View attachment 37727View attachment 37728View attachment 37729
LOL

I'd like to do something similar - but I have a 2 year old running around the house and it would be too tempting. Plus we just found out we're having twins - so it will be a while. I've got the sides off of my case and I added an extra front case fan (but I'm not running nearly as much hardware as you are).

Thanks for the pics.

Great News..!!! Glad you got the fever again.. Don't think you needed to go to all that to beat me to 4,000,000 though..!!!:) Pretty sure you would have beat me there along with Foxbat with out. I was away to long to catch up.. ;)

Fold On ..!!!

Plazz

I actually just got around to upgrading some stuff. The fact that there is a race to 4 million is just gravy. Makes it fun.

Great Folding this week! A new SatelliteGuys.US Team record! 1.2 or 1.3 Million points! May 2009 will be a record month at this rate, too.

Edit: Okay, it was a little less than 1.2 Million points: 1,189,484 points and 1,731 Work Units, both weekly records for our team. Also, we've moved up to the 75th position based on 24 hour average points production!
WTG SatGuys Folding Team. We are really getting into a groove. Looks like we are averaging about 185K ppd.:up Our next victim is Userbase.be and we should pass them in about 6 days.:D

Both of my ATI card clients couldn't get WUs after Stanford's scheduled maintenance. Also, the system clock on the HP workstation was ten minutes fast, which might have had an effect. I set the two XP systems to log on automatically after reboot which gets the Catalyst control to kick up the GPU clocks.

Haven't gotten my 2 new GPU's yet, but I fired up another SMP, so I have added 3 SMP's in the last few days, hopefully the new 9800's arrive today.

Looks like Shippensburg fell off a cliff. Production is down to a tenth of what they were doing.:eek:

The SatGuys have had 4 straight days of 185K points or more.:up We may (with luck) hit 1.3M points this week.:D

Looks like the SMP client on the Vista machine is finally behaving. It has finished and then downloaded 4 WU's since my last fix attempt.:D

I had to tone it down today - since it's been over 90 degrees and my house is hot. My GPU was running over 75C (too hot for my liking). Wonder what the summer is going to be like.

I'd like to setup the GPU client to limit the processor so it doesn't get so hot. Has anyone done this, or know how?

My GPU was running over 75C (too hot for my liking). Wonder what the summer is going to be like.

I'd like to setup the GPU client to limit the processor so it doesn't get so hot. Has anyone done this, or know how?
That's why I have two of my three GPU clients in the basement where it's a nice, cool 68?F most of the time. Those two GPUs run between 65 and 70?C.

I finally had to kick in the AC tonight as we hit over 80?F in the bedroom and the forecast for the rest of the week is pushing 80? and sunny. Good weather for my son's baseball game tomorrow night.

No basement here - just dirt under the house! I'll have to do some looking into backing off the GPU output. I'm still cranking out the WU's in quick fashion, so I don't have to worry about running out of time.

I had to tone it down today - since it's been over 90 degrees and my house is hot. My GPU was running over 75C (too hot for my liking). Wonder what the summer is going to be like.

If you have Riva Tuner , you can change the clock speed to put less stress (= less heat) on the GPU. Or you can overclock it and really crank out some WU's.:D Just remember to ice that GPU down if you OC it.;)

I think that the Folding servers must of been offline for a while last night. Most of my clients (both GPU & CPU) were waiting for WU's this morning. I had to jumpstart them to get a new WU. The SatGuys point production dropped 20K yesterday.:(

If you have Riva Tuner , you can change the clock speed to put less stress (= less heat) on the GPU. Or you can overclock it and really crank out some WU's.:D Just remember to ice that GPU down if you OC it.;)
Good idea about underclocking it.

Last time I iced down my GPU, or any electronics for that matter, I ended up with a wattery mess and non-working electrinocs. But I'll try it again just for your sake! :D

I think that the Folding servers must of been offline for a while last night. Most of my clients (both GPU & CPU) were waiting for WU's this morning. I had to jumpstart them to get a new WU. The SatGuys point production dropped 20K yesterday.:(
1/5 of that was probably from me turning off my folding during the day. But I'm back up for now.