Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Don't blink, we just passed 44,000,000 points! *yawn*

SatinKzo, I think your extra SMP clients were just enough of an extra boost to get you to 4,000,000 points a day before me. We get to enjoy that for a day or two, then Plazzman goes zipping by both of us like we were standing still.

Last edited:
yah, plazz will smoke us both soon. I wish my 2 new GPU's would arrive though, they got backordered.

I haven't seen many hot days yet, yesterday it was finally over 80 and today will be over 80, but my house is still only reaching 75 inside and I open the windows at night. Then over the weekend, it's gonna cool down again. I think I am going to make it till june without turning on the AC as all my home folders are in the basement.

It may be a bad day for nVidia GPU Folders as that Assignment Server is currently down. I've been stalled on my one box for a few hours now. Fortunately, the two other ATI GPU clients have been getting work, and so far, SMP clients are still fed, too.

I now have 4 machines going again. :)
:up Yea, Scott! Did you think that the team you started two years ago would be closing in on one of the top 110 teams in Folding? And be in the Top 100 in terms of Points per Day? We've come a long way! :cool:

I'm getting ichy to get a new Video Card and starting a GPU client (I currently have 2 smp's and 2 standard clients). If I get two cards and connect them together with SLI will I process twice as fast or should I not connect them with SLI. Really i'm just wondering if anyone has run a GPU in a SLI setup.

This seems to suggest not to run sli

How to use Multi GPU Nvidia Folding - Page 3 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Note on the FAH forum, it also notes that for Vista, you need a second monitor or vista wont enable the second card with SLI disabled.
There were a couple of suggestions on how to get round this, put a dvi to VGA connector and connect to another port on the same monitor if you have one, connect the second one to a TV to get it started, use rivatuner (didnt really understand that one as i dont use it)
Here's the thread
http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3622

Last edited:
It may be a bad day for nVidia GPU Folders as that Assignment Server is currently down. I've been stalled on my one box for a few hours now. Fortunately, the two other ATI GPU clients have been getting work, and so far, SMP clients are still fed, too.

Yes it seems shortly after I left for work this morning all the GPU's stopped.
Luckily when I returned home I only had one stuck unit but it seems the problem is up and down on Stanford's side. Glad I still got all the junk smp and single client's ;)

I now have 4 machines going again. :)

Glad to see you back contributing Scott!!! All help is appreciated!! The Team is really smoking now day's and getting better by the hour!!

Fold On...!!!

Plazz

yah, plazz will smoke us both soon. I wish my 2 new GPU's would arrive though, they got backordered.

I haven't seen many hot days yet, yesterday it was finally over 80 and today will be over 80, but my house is still only reaching 75 inside and I open the windows at night. Then over the weekend, it's gonna cool down again. I think I am going to make it till june without turning on the AC as all my home folders are in the basement.

Well at least it seems you have great timing for getting the card's back ordered.
Sorry to hear actually, but with the servers not feeding the clients and the fact that if the Nvidia luck of the draw with the 511 units you really haven't missed much..:)
On top of that your still going to beat us all to the magic number of 4,000,000..
Congrats..!!! :) Don't forget to welcome Foxbat and myself when we get there.. Really though Congrats on a great accomplishment..!!

Fold On...!!!!

Plazz

Last edited:
Well at least it seems you have great timing for getting the card's back ordered.
Sorry to hear actually, but with the servers not feeding the clients and the fact that if the Nvidia luck of the draw with the 511 units you really haven't missed much..:)
On top of that your still going to beat us all to the magic number of 4,000,000..
Congrats..!!! :) Don't forget to welcome Foxbat and myself when we get there.. Really though Congrats on a great accomplishment..!!

Fold On...!!!!

Plazz

Laff, I'll be sure to leave the door unlocked when I arrive. We'll see what condition Scorpion left the clubhouse in when he left. :)

I'm sure the beer will still be cold and the food warm by the time you and foxbat arrive shortly after me.

As for the nvidia stuff, I don't think my 8800 actually missed a beat or got lucky and only had very short down time.

100k as of today! Hip, hip, horay!
Way to Fold, bebop! It doesn't seem that long ago you were asking on how you could get more points out of your PC. Congratulations on your first 100K!

Way to Fold, bebop! It doesn't seem that long ago you were asking on how you could get more points out of your PC. Congratulations on your first 100K!
Yeah, little did I know it would take investing in a new GPU, more fans, more cooling, more power, etc.

If I leave my GPU fan to auto, it doesn't keep things cool enough. It seems to want to hold the temp around 70C. I over-rode it to 85% today and now it's sitting at 57C. Oh the ongoing battle.

I was only down for a short time on the nvidia outage.

I just got the GPU client working that shows the protien as it is folding. I like that a lot better than the console version - plus I have something to show for why my computer is on all the time, hot and noisy. I wonder if this version puts out more, less or equal points per day as the console???

Last edited:
Congrats to bebop for crossing the 100K threshold.:up At your current pace, we should be watching you hit that all important 1 Million point mark in less than 6 months.:D That first 100K is always the hardest.

I think I lost about 5K of production yesterday with 2 of my 3 GPU clients waiting for a WU.:( The 3rd one finished a WU yesterday morning and then had to wait for about 2 hours before it got through for a new WU.

Looks like another rough day for the nvidia crowd myself included.. Just got all five reloaded after about 4-5 hour hibernation... Sure hope they get this fixed for the weekend...!!!

Fold On...!!!

Plazz

Hey, has anybody seen these Project 5765 WUs? My 9800GTX+ card is flying at around 47 seconds per percent! InCrease calculates the PPH at over 270, or 6,480 PPD :eek: And that's with my son's one-lung 2.8 GHz P4. Me likey!

I just noticed over on the EOC site that all of our Top 20 Folders are over 1,000 PPD! Way to Fold, Team! We should pass the Userbase.be team sometime Saturday night.

Holiday Weekends are always a double-whammy: Stanford usually has reduced manpower checking on things, and us Folders are usually away from our farms for a couple of days so problems can go uncorrected. It will be interesting to see if that holds true this weekend.