Just another lie !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Could you stream at the secondary home? Decent internet? Your Directv subscription gives you access to most things through streaming apps. Especially sports. Fox Sports GO, Watch ESPN, NBC Sports, etc may meet many of your temporary location viewing needs. Perhaps just adding a Roku or other streaming device could take care of that place.
The tv that will be in the DE home is Roku ready, but I really don’t want to do that. I am not trying to get anything for free, but had based my whole move on the info I got in the chat several weeks ago. I am quite sure I will be able to live without DTV. For those of you familiar with the OCMD area, my house is within a mile or 2 of Harpoon Hannah’s, Smith McGees, High Stakes and Crabcake Factory Bayside so any games that I just have to see will be readily available. Plus it is not a long drive to my go to spot in OC, Thr Bull on the Beach. I will be fine, just disappointed.

Worse thing you can do with any CSR with ANY provider is to tell them your life story.

Shut the HELL up, tell them what you want done on your account and be done with it.

The minute you get friendly with them and say what your really trying to do, they will work against you and refuse to cooperate.

Buy an extra receiver off eBay and try to activate it.

The minute you mention eBay, now they want to look up the receiver and card number and lie and say the receiver you bought is a brick.

It’s gotten so bad I do not send anything I sell online without activating it first. I actually tell customers if they don’t want me to activate it and download it, don’t bother me later when Directv starts acting stupid.

If you just shut up, say you need to activate an additional receiver, they do it no questions asked.

They used to ....

With mixed success throughout its history ...

But officially disabled the feature back on the 4th of this month ...

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
I think he meant using your directv credentials and the channel apps rather than the directv app.

The channel apps should still work.

Get a SlingBox and be done with it.....You get your sports, and get your locals then....All you need is internet then.

Get a SlingBox and be done with it.....You get your sports, and get your locals then....All you need is internet then.
Except as I posted on dbstalk, I was about to suggest the same to my brother who complaines about the loss of the OOH streaming feature of the DIRECTV app., which he regularly used.

But noticed on the Amazon order page for the SB 500 model, a large slew of recent very negative comments warning others not to purchase it or use the service any longer. That it's now full of forced adware which continually displays with the video on their viewing app you must endure now. And customer service has gone totally into the toilet nowadays.

That it's nowhere near the same service it used to be. So I held off recommending it to my brother.

The mystery continues. Just got off of a chat and received the information that I had originally received saying I could just add the second location to my present account. Awaiting a phone call to schedule the installation. Fingers crossed. I am getting dizzy from being run around in circles.

directv does not usually install a second location for free
that is left to the homeowner

i would guess they are scheduling you for a movers deal.
and they will only install to locations that have receivers

Just got the definitive answer from sales. Will have to set up a second account to get service in Delaware. That would double my bill for 5 months. Just had the auto pay take $201.88 for this months payment for 1 location. Going to Comcast this PM to set up internet and tv in DE. Will drop DTV entirely when we make the move in September.

Reactions: raoul5788
or self install in delaware, and move receivers back and forth
i think this has been mentioned already as the only true option

Reactions: Jimbo
but you can't change your service address so you won't get the correct locals in Delaware unless it's in your home spotbeam.

but you can't change your service address so you won't get the correct locals in Delaware unless it's in your home spotbeam.

he mentioned he the md home was in OC, thats sby spotbeam
anyplace in del should receive this spotbeam

OK, good. As long as he does not discuss any of this with ATT, or ask for service there.

I have made all the arrangements with Xfinity. I will have both internet and TV service from them in DE. Will miss the Regional Sports Channels and Sunday Ticket, but I just got tired of getting different answers from so many people. I am keeping the transcripts of the 2 chats that assured me it would be no problem just for my own satisfaction. Come September. Hello Delaware , Goodbye DTV.

I have made all the arrangements with Xfinity. I will have both internet and TV service from them in DE. Will miss the Regional Sports Channels and Sunday Ticket, but I just got tired of getting different answers from so many people. I am keeping the transcripts of the 2 chats that assured me it would be no problem just for my own satisfaction. Come September. Hello Delaware , Goodbye DTV.
Till you find you get the same answers from Xfinity when you call them for discounts.

Till you find you get the same answers from Xfinity when you call them for discounts.
And while I wish the OP all the future best with cable ...

I really have to admit that I dont quite understand the OP's displeasure with DIRECTV over this issue.

From DIRECTV's inception it's not permitted to have two service addresses active on the same account at the same time. You simply have to move the boxes back and forth between the two residences as necessary until you formally move and not tell DIRECTV anything. And live with the wrong or lack of locals at the new location until then.

Status
Please reply by conversation.