Just Canceled

Just put the select package on the new Pilot when the 3 month trial ended (this morning). Got 6 months for $30 + T/F. Momma likes having it in the car. If momma's not happy.... Had to take my son to school for robotics this morning and while listening to treason (conservative) talk radio, the radio warned me that my subscription was expiring. I hit ok and then a message came up saying my subscription was renewed. Never seen that before. Anyway I also have a streaming subscription because I like it on Alexa at home and at my desk at work. We have two Amazon accounts in the house and my streaming subscription works on both of them.

Reactions: Tampa8
[QUOTE="david_jr, post: 4349732, member: 73578" Anyway I also have a streaming subscription because I like it on Alexa at home and at my desk at work. We have two Amazon accounts in the house and my streaming subscription works on both of them.[/QUOTE]

Huge for us also. SiriusXM allows multiple streams on Alexa at the same time.

Reactions: TheKrell
Six-month renewal time again....they didn't even balk when I called in. In fact the csr went on about me being a valued customer as soon as we got connected and offered renewal before I even asked :D
Untitled.jpg

Can you explain that a little better?
Supposed to say "my FM transmitter." I have a FM transmitter that is technically regulated for international use. It connects to my phone via bluetooth. I set it to 87.9 FM as in my area, there is nothing on 88.1 and we do not have a LP channel 6 (audio on 87.7) in the Boston market. I use it to listen to podcasts and music from my phone.

Supposed to say "my FM transmitter." I have a FM transmitter that is technically regulated for international use. It connects to my phone via bluetooth. I set it to 87.9 FM as in my area, there is nothing on 88.1 and we do not have a LP channel 6 (audio on 87.7) in the Boston market. I use it to listen to podcasts and music from my phone.

I still don't get it! So, the podcast is going through your phone via bluetooth to your FM transmitter, and then you listen to that on your regular radios?

I still don't get it! So, the podcast is going through your phone via bluetooth to your FM transmitter, and then you listen to that on your regular radios?

That exactly what I did in a previous life when I was driving for a living. The company I worked for had barebones Freightliner trucks and Ford E-350s with the most basic of radios.

I had a Motorola Roadster that I clipped on the visor. It paired to my phone via bluethooth and transmitted to an open FM frequency. I would stream Shoutcast stations and later via the Sirius XM app using that method. It wasn't the greatest solution but it worked, mostly. The problem is where I live and where my route took me. I was in Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse and Erie, PA, factor in the proximity to Toronto and other Canadian markets, it was very difficult to near impossible to find an open station, or a station weak enough that the modulator in the Roadster would over power it. If I was in the same vehicle every day, I would have just installed my old Roady XT that had the 'illegal' FM modulator.

amazon.com/Motorola-Roadster-Wireless-Car-Speakerphone/dp/B007AQF0WK

They flat out told me when I called to cancel (after three month new car trial) that 4.99 a month plus royalties was what they could give me. I accepted and since the Pandora acquisition, that package includes the app free. I use it on CarPlay, because it actually has decent audio quality. At the end of my call to get that package, they told me call back in a year and they would renew me at the same price.

As long as they keep doing that, I will pay. It is worth $5 or $6 dollars a month based on my usage pattern.

They flat out told me when I called to cancel (after three month new car trial) that 4.99 a month plus royalties was what they could give me.

My trial was due to expire today (6 months), never called them but they would call me twice a day for the last 2 weeks, keep saying no thanks until they offered me $2 for the next 3 months, not per month, total, took the offer.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I used to pick up channel 6 out of Providence on the FM dial before they went digital.

We reupped our subscription in our Acadia before our road trip earlier this month taking advantage of their $5 for 6 months deal. I just did the same thing with my new aftermarket radio in my Civic.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
I did this subscription over their chat instead of the phone. Was done in about 5 minutes and the rep automatically set it up as an invoice since I don’t have a credit card on file.

I’d do the streaming in my car instead but I don’t like using our data more than I need to since we share 16GB a month with Verizon.

Plus on a road trip I like having it come from the satellites since there are dead zones. I can attest to the stretch of I-86 in NY as the Google maps on our CarPlay would freeze up every now and then.

Reactions: Tampa8
I canceled today [August 1, 2019].

Reason has to do with content.

I was asked why I am canceling. I used the words personal reasons.

I received an offer to stay. But, I actually wanted to go.

yes. My phone sends the audio via bluetooth to an FM transmitter. I set the transmitter to a frequency that won't interfere with a licensed station, and that's how I listen. I have a 2006 Honda, so I don't have bluetooth built into my car. North of Boston, the best frequency is 87.9. However, I found that out that it does jam 99.9, which airs K-Love. Still, I haven't looked for an alternative.

I do enjoy when I'm driving behind my wife and I set it to jam 107.9 (Boston's Kiss 108) with songs from Rob Zombie or another hard rock or heavy metal band. It's too funny when she gets out of her car and says "really?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)