Just Canceled

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Satellite Radio' started by Scott Greczkowski, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DJ Lon

DJ Lon SatelliteGuys Pro

Just called in to cancel; they gave me the same deal I have now (All Access) for the same $8.33/month for 6 months plus a free Amazon Echo Dot at around the same price I paid 6 months ago ($60). They also told me I was beating the 2019 2.3% royalty increase by a couple of days (I mentioned the email I got a few weeks back)

2. david_jr

david_jr SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Momma likes having Sirius/XM in the car. We have Sirius/XM in the car. Momma is happy.

My All Access promo that I got last year at this time was up tomorrow. I was on a 1 year deal $119.88 for 12 months + $16.66 taxes and fees and was set to go to $305 for 12 months ($251.88 + $53.90 fees). Called today and told them I cannot afford to keep the package at that price. They offered me 1 year All Access renewal for $152.96, $126.00 + 26.96 fees. Essentially going from $11.38 a month to $12.75 a month. I accepted without hesitation. Momma is happy. The Royalty fees have really increased over the last few years. I listen some in the car but I listen a lot using Alexa and on my desktop at work in the background so I don't mind paying for it because I use it. The regular price is outrageous though. Did I mention Momma is happy?

3. DJ Lon

DJ Lon SatelliteGuys Pro

That was a deal? Sure glad I got mine at $8.33/month for the same service

4. Jimbo

Jimbo SatelliteGuys Master
    Lifetime Supporter

I re-upped yesterday ... had a hard time understanding the guy, like always ...
    I was able to get the same package I had for my 2 radios (in vehicles) and streaming for about the same price I had before ... which I was happy with, as thats all I find the service worth, I would have turned it off years ago, except she likes to use it on the computer and in her vehicle.
    I only use it during Football season for the most part.

As an added bonus, since I just got a new Sony TV it has a Sirius App on it, so I can listen to it IN the home, therefore I'm sure I will use it more often ... previously they made it so you had to have another sub and pay for a Home radio set up which I didn't want to have to deal with.

5. dishcomm

dishcomm SatelliteGuys Master

If one stays on major highways and close to major population centers. Outside of those regions, streaming is pot luck
    I don't care for streaming. Live sports events on the stream are 3 to 4 minutes behind real time.
    No thanks.

Separate names with a comma.

More...