getting all channels, cancelled in january

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
i cancelled my service in january due to siriusxm saying they never got my payment. anyway, i recently bought a truck and i just wanted to see if the radio would power up. well, it did and its still getting the channels i got back in january. i drove around alot today and the radio still has service. anyone else have this happen before?

Is this a plug and play receiver or one built into the truck? If it's built in, is the truck new, used or certified pre-owned?

I believe most, if not all manufactures include at least 6 months of Sirius XM on new cars. I know last year when I was looking at vehicles, Ford was offering 6 months free on certified pre-owned. I would assume other manufactures do the same. If it was used but not certified, the radio didn't receive the deactivation signal yet from the previous owner. Both my wife and I bought non certified used vehicles last year, I went a little under a month before I lost my free Sirius XM, my wife went about two months.

Same goes for plug and play receivers. If your receiver didn't receive the deactivation signal yet, you'll be able to use it until it does. I have an old Delphi SkyFi 2 that I deactivated about 8 years ago and used to use sparingly and it still worked as of maybe a year or two ago.

So yes, this is normal, but don't expect it to last forever if you have the receiver powered on a lot.

Sirius receivers generally take a lot longer to deactivate as well, if you didn't have the receiver plugged in and turned on when you cancelled service. XM receivers (and the new SiriusXM ones) should deactivate immediately upon turning them on and receiving a signal even if they were powered off for a long time.

I canceled in March and plugged my radio in this week and it was working. I had to see if I had the radio active and it wasn't. I'll live with it until it runs out and decide what I'll do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)