Just Canceled

Just called in to cancel; they gave me the same deal I have now (All Access) for the same $8.33/month for 6 months plus a free Amazon Echo Dot at around the same price I paid 6 months ago ($60). They also told me I was beating the 2019 2.3% royalty increase by a couple of days (I mentioned the email I got a few weeks back)

Momma likes having Sirius/XM in the car. We have Sirius/XM in the car. Momma is happy.

My All Access promo that I got last year at this time was up tomorrow. I was on a 1 year deal $119.88 for 12 months + $16.66 taxes and fees and was set to go to $305 for 12 months ($251.88 + $53.90 fees). Called today and told them I cannot afford to keep the package at that price. They offered me 1 year All Access renewal for $152.96, $126.00 + 26.96 fees. Essentially going from $11.38 a month to $12.75 a month. I accepted without hesitation. Momma is happy. The Royalty fees have really increased over the last few years. I listen some in the car but I listen a lot using Alexa and on my desktop at work in the background so I don't mind paying for it because I use it. The regular price is outrageous though. Did I mention Momma is happy?

I re-upped yesterday ... had a hard time understanding the guy, like always ...
I was able to get the same package I had for my 2 radios (in vehicles) and streaming for about the same price I had before ... which I was happy with, as thats all I find the service worth, I would have turned it off years ago, except she likes to use it on the computer and in her vehicle.
I only use it during Football season for the most part.

As an added bonus, since I just got a new Sony TV it has a Sirius App on it, so I can listen to it IN the home, therefore I'm sure I will use it more often ... previously they made it so you had to have another sub and pay for a Home radio set up which I didn't want to have to deal with.

Everytime I call to cancel I always keep refusing offer till they offer me the same $30 for 6 months.
A year ago they offered me 6 months for 30 and included streaming.
So now when I call to cancel I say no and they offer me the streaming and car radio service.
The streaming is a lot better than the sat service.
If one stays on major highways and close to major population centers. Outside of those regions, streaming is pot luck
I don't care for streaming. Live sports events on the stream are 3 to 4 minutes behind real time.
No thanks.

Renewed Sirus XM select today. With all fees and taxes the bill was $42.17 for 6 months. The original bill sent was for $224.00 for a year. Not bad for a five minute phone call. The CSR said that this was their Christmas special.

Renewed Sirus XM select today. With all fees and taxes the bill was $42.17 for 6 months. The original bill sent was for $224.00 for a year. Not bad for a five minute phone call. The CSR said that this was their Christmas special.
5 minutes ?
You did great ...
Takes me MUCH longer to get to anyone that will answer the phone and then I Hope that I can understand them and they I to resolve what I'm calling about.

That was a deal? Sure glad I got mine at $8.33/month for the same service

DJ---what package did you get at that price? I just renewed my 2 radios- one with All Access ($173/year with fees), and one with the Select package ($145/yr with taxes for a lot less than the invoice that I received. But, it certainly wasn't that low. Do you have to threaten to cancel and stay on that course, until eventually they will give a deal as low as yours??? I've been with them for 12 years, so that helps, but I would like to lower both of those packages; I do not want to stream to the phone and use bluetooth to hear it in the car.

DJ---what package did you get at that price? I just renewed my 2 radios- one with All Access ($173/year with fees), and one with the Select package ($145/yr with taxes for a lot less than the invoice that I received. But, it certainly wasn't that low. Do you have to threaten to cancel and stay on that course, until eventually they will give a deal as low as yours??? I've been with them for 12 years, so that helps, but I would like to lower both of those packages; I do not want to stream to the phone and use bluetooth to hear it in the car.
I generally have to tell them that what they are offering price wise isn't gonna happen.
I thewn tell them what I paid last year ... usually about $125-$ 150. per radio when its added together and divided by 2 ... not the same package for both, but not that much difference either ... that includes streaming on computer.

It usually takes a Supervisor (if you really get one) .. to give me the same as the previous year ... I tell them that i'm not paying more for it ... and I will cancel if needed ... (the other half wouldn't like that, but ya gotta make it sound like you would) if you have too.

$300 for 2 radios including the Royalty fees and taxes ... is all its worth ...

Btw, the bill they send is 2 radios and all that stuff for like $500, 1 time it was $650 they wanted.

Reactions: NABRIL
I generally have to tell them that what they are offering price wise isn't gonna happen.
I thewn tell them what I paid last year ... usually about $125-$ 150. per radio when its added together and divided by 2 ... not the same package for both, but not that much difference either ... that includes streaming on computer.
It usually takes a Supervisor (if you really get one) .. to give me the same as the previous year ... I tell them that i'm not paying more for it ... and I will cancel if needed ... (the other half wouldn't like that, but ya gotta make it sound like you would) if you have too.
$300 for 2 radios including the Royalty fees and taxes ... is all its worth ...
Btw, the bill they send is 2 radios and all that stuff for like $500, 1 time it was $650 they wanted.

Ok, good points. So, you're not accepting the prices of the packages as they stand, but you work on a total dollar amount? I just managed to bring the 2-radio total down by $150 or so. But I would obviously prefer to bring it down. I have All Access on 1 radio and Select on the other. They assured me that I don't ahve a contract, so I can call back and renegotiate if a better deal is available. I shall call again.

Ok, good points. So, you're not accepting the prices of the packages as they stand, but you work on a total dollar amount? I just managed to bring the 2-radio total down by $150 or so. But I would obviously prefer to bring it down. I have All Access on 1 radio and Select on the other. They assured me that I don't ahve a contract, so I can call back and renegotiate if a better deal is available. I shall call again.
Yes ... Never pay whats on the invoice ...
I have a set amount that I feel 2 radios should be worth and usually am close to that in the end.

I'm getting Sirius All Access--In my car (I only have 1 ;) ) and I can stream it on the PC, Roku, Echo, etc. I did threaten to cancel (too expensive, email about royalty fee increase, etc.) and the CSR was really nice, didn't haggle at all, and offered me what I already had for the same price ($60) and term length (6 months). My special actually started almost a year ago after I had my car serviced at the dealer. Sirius gave me 3 months of All Access for totally free, not even royalty fees. Before that expired I called in to cancel before they hit me with the current prices and they offered me the 6 month All Access for the $8.33/month so I took it. What's funny about all this is when I bought the car new in 2013 and the trial expired after 6 months I was offered nothing except normal pricing so I canceled. It took a few years of radio inactivity to wake Sirius up I guess.

I canceled mine a year ago. They still send me letters in the mail trying to get me to sign back up. When I told the rep I wanted to cancel, he asked me if it was due to cost - and that he had some special offers if that was the reason. I told him that I stream Slacker Radio in my car for $30/year, no taxes or royalty fees. He didn't even try to make an offer after I told him that. I have better things to do with my time than call them every 6 months to get a special price.

Reactions: TheKrell
I just renewed two cars and online streaming. Did this on Feb 27. Got All access in one for the steaming and everything in the other vehicle. don't remember the name of the package.

I paid 288.93 for 12 months including all taxes and fees.

Here is how I have found it to go smooth. First I use a Citibank virtual CC number each year so that it cannot auto bill and I wait until I get a notice that my card did not process payment. The card number has a total charge limit and a expiration date I set. I then do a short one line chat logged into my account. Usually less than 5 Min. Tell them that the price is too high and I will not pay more than $250 for two radios and on line or I want to cancel. ( I Know I paid more) They Will come back with nothing close and they cannot process the cancel so they give me a 800 number and add notes to my account.

I call the number to cancel and with the notes on the account I really think it speeds things up. I tell the person I want to cancel because had checked on promotions and I could not get what I needed. They go straight to if I can get you X would you stay. X is what I paid this year and basically the same as last year. Total time invested is about 20 Min and I save about half of what was invoiced.

I hate having to call Sirius/XM. They make it virtually impossible to actually cancel their service. I'm sorry I ever signed up and I won't ever take the bait again.

Reactions: navychop
I may actually be using my SiriusXm more often now ...
I now have Alexa and can use it in the home, where I have never been able to listen as they always required a Home kit and another radio (which was listed as another radio and more cost involved) with the Alexa, your not charged the extra radio fee ... I also have access to it thru my Smart TV that I recently purchased ....

Reactions: david_jr
Glad I saw this thread. Reminded me I needed to call in for my annual renewal. Went from full price XM Select to promo of $7.77 per month, price locked for a year. Comes out to around $93 for the year. For me traveling on the road, well worth that amount. Yes, much higher than my annual Slacker account but don't have to worry about cell drops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)