Just Canceled

Here is a question: I currently have the $4.99/month billed monthly promo, which with taxes/fees/royalties comes out to $6.98/month charged. This is for streaming only. So, under the new SiriusXM packages, will they give me the "new" Select plan that includes a hardware XM radio plus the free streaming for the same $4.99/mo promo rate? Or would that only give me a choice of radio OR streaming, as they did before? Because I might be willing to call in and change my plan if I can get 1 radio plus streaming for the same price I pay now for streaming only. But there's no sense in trying if they won't do it.

I listen to my Sirius the most, right now, during the year, while football season is here ... now if I could buy it for 4 month out of the year, that would be great, but thats not happening.

Update: I called in, and it took several threats to cancel, but I ended up getting XM Select in my car and on streaming and I'm still paying $6.98/month billed monthly, total cost charged to my card.
I do think $7/mo is all it's worth, and it's only worth that much because they're throwing in the streaming. Amazon offers me (because I have prime) their full music catalog for $7.99/mo and I was considering cancelling SXM in favor of that.

If they kept the sound quality and music selection that XM Radio had, it would still be worth closer to $10/mo in my view.

Well, if you think it’s worth it, it’s worth it.

I prefer to not deal with the hassle of canceling and renewing. Been that route. And quite frankly, we never used them much. Their traffic is worthless. We use Pandora instead.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

I called earlier today to get a new deal for the all access package[my latest one expires on the 25th]The old one was for $135.84 the new one is for $173.18 for the next year including fees and taxes.[it's still better than paying full price]

My trial was due to expire today (6 months), never called them but they would call me twice a day for the last 2 weeks, keep saying no thanks until they offered me $2 for the next 3 months, not per month, total, took the offer.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I cancelled last Wednesday they called me Monday, offered me 6 months at $29.95 said no thanks, then put me on hold for a few seconds and offered 3 months for $1.20 total, took it.

Just called SiriusXM to tell them I wanted to cancel my service. They asked why, told them I love the service but it’s just to expensive (BS). They put me on hold for a minute, they asked if I wanted to keep my service for $5.00 per month for 2 years tax’s and fees included. Said yes!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Just called SiriusXM to tell them I wanted to cancel my service. They asked why, told them I love the service but it’s just to expensive (BS). They put me on hold for a minute, they asked if I wanted to keep my service for $5.00 per month for 2 years tax’s and fees included. Said yes!

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
I've been getting that offer for the last 3 months. Should've asked for less.:D

I dread making that call every year, why can't they just come out and admit it, they charge too much for it, lower it to what people SHOULD pay and then you wouldn't have to call in and haggle every year.

I have to make that call again in Jan/Feb I think it is ...
they will send me a renewal reminder just before Christmas (of all times) , with the REGULAR prices on it and expect me to pay that .... 2 radios and streaming for about $600 a year .... PASS.

They count on enough suckers to pay full price to carry them thru.

We found their service to be of no value to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bobby
They count on enough suckers to pay full price to carry them thru.

We found their service to be of no value to us.

I usually end up paying about $125-$150 a radio, which I'm fine with .... other person on the account uses hers all the time, I on the other hand use it from August to Feb and thats about it .... I find it great for Football College and Pro, but mostly College.
A few Country stations and a few Classic Rock channels.

I dread making that call every year, why can't they just come out and admit it, they charge too much for it, lower it to what people SHOULD pay and then you wouldn't have to call in and haggle every year.

they will send me a renewal reminder just before Christmas (of all times) , with the REGULAR prices on it and expect me to pay that .... 2 radios and streaming for about $600 a year .... PASS.
Really it's not their fault in a way. When the artists started complaining about not get their royalties that's when the prices went up.

Give thought to those who do not call; keep the service; and pay regular price.

That is reason enough for SiriusXM to continue operating as it does.

I have been a subscriber for years. It began when one of my new VWs came a 90 day trial. Recently, I got a new car without Sirius XM and wanted to terminate my subscription.

They kept me on the phone for 18 minutes offering me a free car receiver and various discounts and nearly begging me to stay.

After thinking it over, I pretty much only listened to the 80's on 8 or Pop rocks and it just wasn't worth it.

Reactions: TheKrell
If they included Stern I would jump on the deal. Every week I get emails and mailers begging me to sign up again. No Stern no deal.

I see the question why does SiriusXM do subscriptions the way they do - you have to call every time it is ending to get a deal. There are so many ways to say why but I will pick three.
In car sales by far, not even close more are sold by negotiating than simply putting a price on it. It's because customers don't believe it is the best price and most often they are correct is not. is a compromise of not haggling. For some the difference in price is worth not haggling. Some dealers have tried the one best price method and you will find rarely does that stick as the policy.

Many in the field of delivering entertainment do it the same way. Want the best price from DISH? Often you have to call to get it though sometimes they advertise it is available such as the current customer deals. But you still have to call. Directv? 100% you have do just about what you do with Siriusxm. Internet from Spectrum, you bet I have to call every six months (sometimes a year) or else I pay full price.
I will say in some instances a renewing agreement is not needed as it is with SiriusXM, but really that is not a big deal. If you forget you can call and end services and pay for the say or so you had.

And the most persuasive reason? By far the most subscribers, nearly 30 Million at anytime in the history of either the two separate companies adding their subscribers together or for the new company and they continue to have a rosy outlook
FIRST QUARTER 2019 HIGHLIGHTS

SiriusXM operates two complementary audio entertainment businesses — our SiriusXM business and our Pandora business. Further information regarding these two segments will be contained in the Company's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended March 31, 2019. The pro forma financial and operating highlights of these two segments are presented separately below and exclude the impact of share-based payment expense.

SIRIUSXM 1st Quarter 2019

• Self-Pay Subscribers Top 29 Million. SiriusXM added 131 thousand net new self-pay subscribers in the first quarter to end with nearly 29.1 million self-pay subscribers. Total net subscriber additions in the first quarter were 132 thousand, resulting in more than 34.2 million total SiriusXM subscribers at the end of the period. Self-pay monthly churn for the quarter was 1.8%, flat compared to the first quarter of 2018.

• SiriusXM Revenue of $1.5 Billion. First quarter revenue of $1.5 billion grew 8% compared to the prior year period. This growth was driven by a 3% increase in SiriusXM subscribers and 4% growth in SiriusXM's average revenue per user (ARPU) to $13.52.

• Gross Profit Grows 8%. Total cost of services at SiriusXM increased 9% to $569 million in the first quarter, driven primarily by higher revenue share and royalties. Gross profit at SiriusXM in the quarter totaled $926 million, increasing 8% over the first quarter of 2018, and produced a gross margin of 62%, approximately flat compared to the prior year period.

I will add to the above, there can be a downside as in the post from above when the poster said they realized they only listen to 80's and one other channel. It does make you more prone to scrutinize if you need it. But if you only listen to two channels, whey would you ever pay for SiriusXM unless you don't care about spending the money.
Of course I can understand not renewing in that case. But when I see the general post just saying it isn't worth it that probably means you don't need it. I listen to a broad spectrum of music, have a couple of favorite music shows. I listen to talk radio on it wherever I am no need to search for the program. And it is a lifesaver in hearing Red Sox games. I wake up to Sixties on Six everyday weekday morning because it is a very entertaining show that includes some things in the current news, facts about traveling in the USA, etc etc. So it is beyond worth it to me at the negotiated prices I get
Add to that using it in the home is now free with any subscription easily done with either Alexa or Google Home, no restrictions, no black outs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts