Just Daystar and KBS-World?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pachosiko

Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Several years ago I was receiving many channels from nearly all sats from 63w to 128w with my SV8000HD. A couple days ago I decided to fix the antenna possibly slightly moved from the wind (as it happened before) but cannot get anything on my home sat SatMex8 at 117w (almost exact 180 degrees from here). Tried some blind scans on this and neighboring sats but all I can get are Daystar and KBS-World that I cannot even find on Lyngsat. One is vertical, other is horizontal, both are HD 1080i and the quality of KBS-World reaches 80%. But cannot get anything else from my previous list. So I'm wondering what could be wrong. Would you recommend some transponder on sat at or near 117w to try again?

Assuming your dish is all correctly back aligned, your main problem is that receiver. It is DVBS only. Most things now have went to DVB-S2. A few things are still DVBS, Daystar and KBS being among those.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
If you want to get back into the hobby, it is time to upgrade your receiver. :)

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Assuming your dish is all correctly back aligned, your main problem is that receiver. It is DVBS only. Most things now have went to DVB-S2. A few things are still DVBS, Daystar and KBS being among those.
SV8000HD actually has DVB-S2 QUAD and 8PSK. On which bird are Daystar and KBS-World, I don't see them on Lyngsat?

OK, they must have added to it and I forgot, I know 10 years ago it was not DVB-S2.

Sure, I'll check what is out there. Nice thing about SV8000HD is the ATSC tuner and PVR capability besides full HD, is there a similar receiver now also with Internet, WiFi etc? BTW, I also have 12' C-band but the HH motor broke and now is waiting to be replaced by some heavy-duty 36V linear actuator (have a box to point the big dish), any recommendation?

You are correct you are aimed at 123w. There is one channel I get on 117w, it is at 12080/H/30000 DVB-S2. Canal 4, scans as encrypted but has been open for years.

Sent from my LG-M153 using the SatelliteGuys app!

on 117W there's also occasionally Tele Vida Abundante, a religious channel. Can be a bit hard to lock. DVB-S2/MPEG4 according to Lyngsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts