Just defected to DirecTv from Dish

I also may be a defector soon. I have always liked the service from E* but I am disenchanted with the fact I have to add another dish to receive my HD LIL's (Flint, MI). I'm going to try to wait it out and see if there will be a "one dish solution" but I do most of my watching and recording on local networks.

I also may be a defector soon. I have always liked the service from E* but I am disenchanted with the fact I have to add another dish to receive my HD LIL's (Flint, MI). I'm going to try to wait it out and see if there will be a "one dish solution" but I do most of my watching and recording on local networks.

Just the opposite for me ... I need to have two dishes for D* but only need one for E*. Add in the better receiver and I will wait it out for new HD. Also receive my locals via OTA and the D* receiver, for now, does not have one.

Sure you don't want to call Directv and put off your install for a few more days? I think there are some surprises planned for this week :)

You're kidding, right?

There were supposed to be "surprises" and "Good news" for Dishies last week, and several of the weeks before that.

Why would this week be any different? Unless you are in one of the targeted local markets.

Sci-Fi or USA? I doubt NBC-U has backed off it's all-or-nothing approach.

Speed? Not a chance.

ESPN-Disney? That's probably the most likely. But I don't care about any of them.

I hope I am wrong. I really do. But there used to be Seven Dish NEtwork subscribers on my block. Two bit the dust over the weekend. Now I am the only one left. But probably only for another month of so.

Sure you don't want to call Directv and put off your install for a few more days? I think there are some surprises planned for this week :)

I hope so, Claude. I purposely scheduled my install for Friday AM. If I see some activity on Wednesday I'll cancel. I *will* see BSG in HD one way or another! Hopefully it's on Dish.

I've been with Dish since 1994, that includes the "all you will ever need is the 6000u", and the loss of my DNS, etc. I don't know how much I spent on Dish equipment over the years. But I too feel Charlie & company have fallen too far behind Directv. Dish has to come up with more HD very shorty or they will lose me as well.

I've been with Dish since 1994, that includes the "all you will ever need is the 6000u", and the loss of my DNS, etc. I don't know how much I spent on Dish equipment over the years. But I too feel Charlie & company have fallen too far behind Directv. Dish has to come up with more HD very shorty or they will lose me as well.
Dishnetwork has been around since 1994? I thought it was 1996, since I thought Echostar launched their first satellite for Dishnetwork in December 1995. Maybe I'm wrong ! But I thought Dishnetwork was founded in March of 1996

I just downgraded to the $10 HD pack yesterday. And I'm going to use those savings to get basic TWC to get HD locals. I'll give Dish until the end of my commitment in August to catch up with D* or that's where I'm going, also.

I understand E* will probably be on par with D* concerning HD's someday. But I'm more tired of hearing excuses than anything else.

Yes, but they typically won't give you an HD set-top if that's the package you have with them. If your TV has a QAM tuner, you're in good shape though.

Yeah, won't need a box.

I have kind of a unique situation. If I get basic cable directly into my QAM, I will get HD Erie, PA locals (when they are available. I heard SOON :p) They made an arrangement with TWC to go only with them at this time. Not even OTA.

Plus, I will get the Cleveland locals in HD through the QAM because the city of Erie is lumped in with the NE Ohio office.

Ironically, I was holding out for Dish to add the Cleveland locals so I could "move" again. But with the info that they aren't on the list anymore, I'm making this move.

If D* ever figures out how to integrate a "TV2"-like feature into their receiver... I'm gone as well... currently 12 years with E* but their recent decline vs. the competition in programming availability is unacceptable.

I find in my case a second HDDVR (got $200 credit for HR20 I bought in Circuit City, because they shipped me HR21, and I asked for HR20) is a much better option then TV2. It gives me four HD tuners and 2 HD feeds instead of TV2 SD feed.
$5/month is a very decent price for that option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts