Just defected to DirecTv from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What do you mean you can only record one network program in HD at a time?
Since E* HD DVR's have only 1 ATSC/OTA tuner in them, unless E* carries the locals in HD via DBS then you can record only one concurrent show from the big four networks.

An easy workaround is if you do have 3 shows at 1 time, as long as 1 of them is on a cable channel, usually it will be repeated 3 or 4 hours later. So on the HR2x, just have your network shows be higher priority, then the cable show will not be recorded at its first airing, but it will be recorded at its next recording. I do this a lot on my HR20.

For example, last fall on Monday nights at 8 was Chuck (NBC), Big Bang Theory (CBS) and Little People, Big World (TLC). I just made sure both Chuck and BBT were higher priority than Little People, then it would not record Little People at 8, but would record it at 11 when it was repeated. This solution will not work if all 3 shows are network shows though.

I already do the work around thing you are talking about and still need to record three things at the same time.

Since E* HD DVR's have only 1 ATSC/OTA tuner in them, unless E* carries the locals in HD via DBS then you can record only one concurrent show from the big four networks.

OK, understand now. Thanks rad. I record three HD programs all the time. My OTA local HD quality is excellent plus I get HD locals too thru Dish. I thought the poster meant you couldn't record more than one HD channel at the same time of any kind of input source. I record three HD channels at the same time, quite often.

What recommendations do you all have for both Dish and Direct to get the most HD, but not spend more than $140 on both and meet my contract for Dish. Should I just keep Dish and wait it out or go for both. Only problem will be losing HBO HD, Cinemax HD, etc., on both to meet price I need.Any help would be appreciated.

For Dish, you can go with their HD only pack. I believe it's about $40 with locals. You will get all HD channels they currently offer, and it's believed that you will get future HD channels as well.

For Direct, I'm not sure. With their current promos you can get their "middle" package for about $60/mo for the first year.

Combine the two and you have a LOT of HD, including the exclusive Voom channels on Dish and the national HD on Direct, for about $100/mo plus all of the stuff that both providers nickel and dime you on. That gives you a little room for one or two premiums.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts