Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I understand the HR24 does not have an OTA tuner but is there anyway to have your OTA channels added to your guide on your HR24 or will I have to switch my tv tuner from Sat to OTA.

You need an AM-21 off air tuner. I have one, it connects via USB to the HR24 and everything integrates into the guide like the built in tuners in the HR20 series..

wildbill129 said:
You need an AM-21 off air tuner. I have one, it connects via USB to the HR24 and everything integrates into the guide like the built in tuners in the HR20 series..

Awesome. Thanks for your help. Any recomendation on the best place to order that tuner?

try directv. i got mine for$25. they gave me a discount. can't hurt to ask

They REFUSE to give me a discount on a AM21.

I really like my HR24 so far so good.

Working on getting another one to replace my defective H20

Recieved my 2 HR24s from Overstock..

Holy cow! Their great!

What I like:
Finally a direc tv reciever that moves-Its speed is right up there next to my vip922
Great new cool look!
No circular blue light!
Not loud!
Sound appears louder?

What i dont like:
Would like to have a jazzed up new interface.

Overall..I love it!

Anyone know the trick to make the 30 second skip faster? or become a jump?

Last edited:
I think ama wait to see if DTV releases a newer version of the AM21 to be about the size of the TwenteeFO. Yup

I think ama wait to see if DTV releases a newer version of the AM21 to be about the size of the TwenteeFO. Yup

It's the same width....just a little deeper. Looks fine underneath the HR24....

Actually if you put the AM21 under the HR24, you'd never even notice that it's slightly larger.

They look great together.

Holy cow! Their great!

What I like:
Finally a direc tv reciever that moves-Its speed is right up there next to my vip922
Great new cool look!
No circular blue light!
Not loud!
Sound appears louder?

What i dont like:

Overall..I love it!

Did you happen to notice that there is no bright Orange light when recording .... I was surprised when I first thought I was Recording something, looked at the recvr and could barely see that a light had turned on.

Holy cow! Their great!

What I like:
Great new cool look!
No circular blue light!
Not loud!
Sound appears louder?

What i dont like:

Overall..I love it!

that's great!!!! rumor is they are coming out with a new interface so hopefully it will be an HD one. for the 30 second skip go to smart search and type 30SKIP
choose all and after its done not finding any results,exit and try the 30 sec skip. you'll see it working like the vip does.
to be honest at the beginning when i came from E i didn't like the 30sec slip too much but after awhile i went back to it and prefer it since i can see if i might've skipped over something i wanted to see.

that's great!!!! rumor is they are coming out with a new interface so hopefully it will be an HD one. for the 30 second skip go to smart search and type 30SKIP
choose all and after its done not finding any results,exit and try the 30 sec skip. you'll see it working like the vip does.
to be honest at the beginning when i came from E i didn't like the 30sec slip too much but after awhile i went back to it and prefer it since i can see if i might've skipped over something i wanted to see.

Thanks rey!!!:up

Did you happen to notice that there is no bright Orange light when recording .... I was surprised when I first thought I was Recording something, looked at the recvr and could barely see that a light had turned on.

Yes I noticed that as well...

What a cool machine. Yes, I had to sign on the dotted line.
Not that Im going anywhere...but..it was nice not to be in contract.

But this machine is worth the commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)