Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i will add my little review of the HR24-500 between today and tomorrow. did i already mention how impressed i am with this DVR? :D :luvlove:

No, I don't think you have mentioned it, yet.....:bow :clap :music :hatsoff ::D
Weird, one of the smilies doesn't work right. Odd!

Just got my HR24 and H24 installed on Saturday. Really impressed with the DVR and it really flies. Miss the changing guide button that Dish had but overall really impressed. Only problems are my Caller ID is not working. Set it correctly, changed the phone cord, but it still does not work. My H24 has had issues though. My power on and volume work but channels won't change and any other satellite function doesn't work. Did a reset and it changed a channels again but awoke this morning to not working again. I got my call into the dealer. Picture quality is good and really enjoyed the 101 channels concerts last night. any ideas on the caller ID?

I'm glad you liked it gopher. About the caller I'd, did u download the latest software. That's the first thing I did when I first turned on HR24

One thing I also like about the 24 over the 20 is that it does not have the bright round blue light.
In fact, the HR24 lights up really cool with a soft but viewable Directv logo.

One thing I also like about the 24 over the 20 is that it does not have the bright round blue light.
In fact, the HR24 lights up really cool with a soft but viewable Directv logo.
yep. the light is much softer and looks way better than the other HR's before it. even with the older models dimmed by pressing the left and right arrows on the front panel at the same time, still way better on the HR24.

My updated within 5min after I first powered it .. window popped about DOWNLOAD DATA

Been using an external 2TB since day one, my original plan was to RAID 4TB but didn't happen yet. I will prob do this 4TB thing if I decide to get a 2nd twenty-fo
So far working really good, recorded tons of stuff and accessing the files is sooo much quicker then my old 20's. This unit is just fast all around, no matter what you do with it.

just got home. I wanted to mention something that the person who activated my HR24 said last night. i took it with a grain of salt since many of us know more than some of these csr's. after she said this i did test her with some questions just to see how knowledgeable she really was. to my surprise she was the smartest csr i had spoken to yet from directv. anyway, maybe this has been mentioned and i simply missed it. she explained that they were coming out with a remote that stored the settings from the HR24 which includes our schedule of recordings. this reminded me of a similar feature of the 922 from dish which i believe does the same thing. again,i took this with a grain of salt. i'm not really buying it but if it happens that would be a very nice feature.

IMG_0816.JPG

here's my mini review on the HR24.

many of you know how much i've complained about the directv dvr's in the past. that ends here today with the HR24-500.:up
first thing i noticed after i plugged it in is how much faster boot up time is on these dvr's.

despite the fact that the HR24 had to download all the guide data, this thing was FAST!! unlike its predecessors which you have to give them 24hrs after for example a CE download to settle in, this thing is immediately fast. Set up was a breeze.

i decided to take advantage of the load the dvr had downloading all the guide data to test it to the max. I began recording two things at once. on my HR21 while it recorded just one program it always made the box painfully slow! :mad: hanging on so many commands no matter what they were. well the HR24 while recording two shows at once, downloading guide data and playing a previous recording at the same time performed better than i could've ever imagined! it didn't miss a beat. guide scrolling was lightning fast. performed every single command at the press of a button on the remote. (with the directv remote and the harmony) did not hang a single time.

channel changing is faster.bringing up your list of recordings is faster. bringing up the guide is faster. going through the set up menu is faster! from the moment you select a recording for playback to when it begins playback is also faster. response to FFW or REW is faster. deletion of recordings is faster! there's nothing this dvr hasn't been able to handle yet.

coming from dish and there excellent line up from the vip series, i can say that finally the speed and power between the HR24 and the VIP series from Dish are evenly matched!Finally!
from a cosmetic point of view this thing is gorgeous! no irritating blue ring of light. the directv logo lights up on the front panel. very beautiful.
you can't hear a thing. the HR24 is whisper quiet.

overall i'm extremely pleased. expectations were exceeded. if you are tired as much as i was from dealing with slow dvrs, THEN GO GET YOURSELF A HR24-500!!!!!!! :D

So far, I like The HR24, haven't had time to really play with it yet.

However, I'm NOT impressed with the AM21.

I have not moved my antenna at all, I moved my HR20 into the bedroom, hooked it up and everything worked great.

I hooked the AM21 up and scanned and it only finds half the channels that the HR20 did, now I'll play around with the antenna a bit and see if I can find the sweet spot, but the channels all come from the same direction ... the same field probably and yet I get some but not others.

BTW, I cannot get my EHD to work with the HR24 as of yet.

edit: Got the OTA set up working.

Will work on the EHD after I eat ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)