Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally got around to activating my two HR24s and H24 tonight. I won't get to play with them until tomorrow, but at least they can download the guide and stuff tonight.

First impression is faster, everything about it, boot, remote response, guide, MRV, etc. Tomorrow and the coming weekend I can truly see what it is all about.

I can say the built in DECA worked perfectly, didn't have to do much of anything to it. Jumped right onto my SWM network and recogonized the other receivers that have DECAs.

Thanks to everyone for continually updating the availability of the HR24. Have not bit the bullet yet, but hope to sometime next week when I get back home. Thanks again for all the information.

I called D last night to check on getting a new HDDVR. The rep i spoke to was very knowledgeable. I mentioned the HR 24 and he looked it up and said the service people in my area only carries those now so he set me up for a service call instead of a drop ship and gave me a free HD DVR and AM 21. They come tomorrow night so I will cross my fingers he has an HR 24. Ill let ya know

I called D last night to check on getting a new HDDVR. The rep i spoke to was very knowledgeable. I mentioned the HR 24 and he looked it up and said the service people in my area only carries those now so he set me up for a service call instead of a drop ship and gave me a free HD DVR and AM 21. They come tomorrow night so I will cross my fingers he has an HR 24. Ill let ya know
sweet!!

I got mine today via a installer, only reason I had the installer come out was so I knew for sure what I would get, I knew they were putting HR24's in , in my area and D* said they would drop ship one to me , but didn't know what I would get.

Fwiw, I got a very knowledgeable installer, had no problem with what I wanted done.

Jimbo said:
I got mine today via a installer, only reason I had the installer come out was so I knew for sure what I would get, I knew they were putting HR24's in , in my area and D* said they would drop ship one to me , but didn't know what I would get.

Fwiw, I got a very knowledgeable installer, had no problem with what I wanted done.

Awesome Jimbo Congrats! I hope i have the same luck tomorrow

Mine should be here today. Looking forward to hooking it up.

Now, I'm thinking about keeping the HR23 and hooking it up to another tv. But I've run out of cables from the the LNB. Using three now (2 for DVR, 1 for receiver).

Do you think D* would ship me a SWiM and let me swap it out myself? It's not hard to replace the LNBs. And I got a place for the switch to power it. My only concern is if I got the dish out of adjustment when swapping the LNBs.

Well finally got my upgrade/install done late yesterday. I think I came out okay. Installer showed with 2 new Hr24's, put a new dish up, wired up deca and the bridge, added my Hr22 to the mix. Price seemed to go back and forth and I had to make a call this am to talk with a super. First they were going to charge me $245 for 1 of the 24's at $199 plus trip fee. The csr i first spoke with said super said nothing could be done so I asked if I could speak with the supervisor myself. Sat on hold for 1.5 hrs to get the super. In part I think just cause she felt bad for me being on hold so long she did a $100 credit so my total out of pocket ended up being $145. Oh and I also got like $12 a month off my bill for a year. All in all I think this time I made out pretty good and the 24's are just amazing compared to my 22. YMMV when dealing with dtv's csr's. Sound a bit upset but willing to work with them seems to work best. Truthfully even without the credit I would of kept everything but felt was worth a shot and for once it paid off.

Now a dumb question. In my office I am using hdmi cables to connect to my LCD monitor but running ToS to my computers digital in I get no audio. Is ToS disabled when you use hdmi as I get no audio via ToS and I need to use compnent for it to work?

Aren't we all a huge happy HR24 family ???? Yup !

Oh at least to me these 24's are actually performing the way they claimed the earlier units were supposed to but never did. Now if there where 6 things on at the same time to take full advantage, hehe.

I think you need a Dr if you were able to use the holes in the HR24 LOL. They can do wonders with grafting and such these days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)