Just ordered HR24

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
That's a beautiful piece of equipment; still can't believe I got the HR-22 last month in the Chicago market. I still have two H20's & the installers cell number; think I might wait for him to give me the OK before calling DTV for a deal. Problem is they just gave me the DVR for $99 so I'm not so sure another deal would be in the cards for some time. Might have to buy it on my own if I truly want one. ;)

Just ordered the HR24 from amazon.com after having the problems this morning. Should I replace the HR 20-100 or 700 with the HR24? Or does it not matter? Could not afford two of them at once.

Mine is waiting hookup at home. Got from Amazon and arrived 2 days later. lgsvette I have both the -100 and -700 and look the same to me so I dont think matters which one you keep.

HR24 installed and it is fast. Looks great too. Its not a revolutionary jump from the other HR2x's but a nice upgrade from the sluggish and clumsy navigation of the older units. Nice job Directv.

HR24 installed and it is fast. Looks great too. Its not a revolutionary jump from the other HR2x's but a nice upgrade from the sluggish and clumsy navigation of the older units. Nice job Directv.

yup welcome to the 24 Klan

Anyone have any feedback on using a cavalry drive with the HR24? I understand that they work well on the HR20-HR22. I bought a new one to connect my new HR24, but it doesn't see it.

Speaking of which... is there an easy way to see if an external drive is connected?

For those replacing HR20s, get rid of the -100 model, not the -700 model. The 700 is more stable and a better design especially when it comes to things like MRV.

As for hard drives, record something on the internal drive, reboot adter connecting your esata drive. If it worked your program list will be blank. The system only uses one drive at a time.

I tried an Antec MX1 Esata enclosure with two different drives this week and had no success on the hr24. I need to do some more research and try something else. Iwould be curious of your results with Calvary.

The HR24 is so fast that even playing a recording remotely from an HR20 navigates and plays faster than directly on the HR20. Awesome.

Sorry for the newbie questions. I recently switched to DTV in April and the installer provided an HR22-100 box. Navigating the guide is painfully slow.

1) If I order an HR24, is it as simple as swapping out the boxes, or does a tech need to come out?

2) What happens to my old HR22 box? Do I have to send it back, or keep it?

Thanks.

2) What happens to my old HR22 box? Do I have to send it back, or keep it?

As mentioned above, yes you can keep it, but you will incur a $5/month charge to keep it active on your account. If you shut it off, they will want it back. They'll send a pre-paid shipping box for it.

On a different note.

On a different note,
I have used my HR24 for 2-3 weeks now and have noticed that my Caller Id has WORKED EVERYTIME !!!!!

This is something that D* didn't have to have in the units, so I gave them a pass when it didn't work previously.

Running the CE software for most of my time with them, I have found that the CID has been very spotty, worked great for along time, then became spotty ....

I'm happy to say that at THIS point in time, it's working flawlessly and I have not changed anything (other than the HR24).

I've decided to keep my H23 on an as needed basis. Will use it on my back patio. I got the network ready to go with it so it will be used to grab recorded shows off the HR2x's.

Now that I have my HR24, it's been great !
Been using OTA antenna for 10 years now with NO Trouble.

Now that I have this AM21 that I have to use, the signal is not nearly as reliable as the HR20's were.

I was HOPING to NOT have to turn on the locals from D* as you don't get as many and I would like to use the OTA particularly when the weather is bad.

I know they are included in the package now, but essentially your still paying an addl. $ 5 p/m.

Anyone had issue with the AM21, it seems like it has a much weaker signal to it, even when the meter says 100 most of the time.

Btw, the signal never drops on the TV Tuner.

Last edited:
Now that I have my HR24, it's been great !
Been using OTA antenna for 10 years now with NO Trouble.

Now that I have this AM21 that I have to use, the signal is not nearly as reliable as the HR20's were.

I was HOPING to NOT have to turn on the locals from D* as you don't get as many and I would like to use the OTA particularly when the weather is bad.

I know they are included in the package now, but essentially your still paying an addl. $ 5 p/m.

Anyone had issue with the AM21, it seems like it has a much weaker signal to it, even when the meter says 100 most of the time.

Btw, the signal never drops on the TV Tuner.

I actually get a better signal with the AM21 hooked up to one of my HR22s than my HR20-700. Was your HR20 a 700 or 100?

I really like my Hr-24, it's so much faster than my 22.

Now I have to buy a HD TV for the bedroom, it seems to be a waste running my 22 on a SD TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)