Just ordered Voom but.................

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ondarocks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I bought an OTA from solidsignal.com about 6 months ago, but never hooked it up. I went with the suggested antenna from the www.antennaweb.org site which was omnidirectional (Channel Master 3000 Suburban Outdoor Amplified Omnidirectional SMARTenna (CM3000A) I once connected it by just placing it my backyard and it seemed to get alot of channels, but I disconnected it and put it back in the box because it started to rain. My intentions were to put it up on my Chimney which is very high up and I made the attempt one time, but my slate roof was really slippery and I thought I may need NYFD to get me down.( I would of been the laughing stock) I would imagine that would be the ideal place for the Antenna to be. Ok to my question, can I ask the installer on my scheduled installation date to use my Antenna rather than their crappy one? Will he do it? I have everything needed and I'm sure he has better installation equipment than I have and will be much easier for him. I live in New York about 13 miles outside the city.

Channel Master 3000 Suburban Outdoor Amplified Omnidirectional SMARTenna (CM3000A)

I can't see why they wouldn't. But every installer is different. Give them a call before your scheduled install date and ask them. It may save Voom a second trip out there to install a different antenna if your existing one is indeed better.

over a certain height they need a special ladder and there is an additional charge. Its on the installers inc stuff they email you.

I already had a big, hurkin Rat Shack antenna installed an when my installer saw it, he said "We'll use that instead". I also used my own 24" dish. It's your install, tell them what you want.

I had a roof top antenna up on my roof that wasn't connected before Voom -- the installers hooked that up for me. They left the stealth antenna in the box for me. I have a pretty tall house and they didn't charge anything extra for needing a big ladder.

Great to know, thanks for all the help. May 8th is too far away. I'm like a kid in a candy store..........

You may need more than 1 antenna depending where your signals are. Make sure you keep the stealth if you use yours.

Will do. Hey called my installer and they ask me when I'd like to schedule for the install. Meanwhile when I signed up for service they already gave me a date. Doesn't matter to me, my installer is coming a week earlier than Voom had me scheduled. T MINUS 4 days and counting. I just hope it's a smooth install. I'm kinda picky!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)