Just signed up...A few questions

boddah44

Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Michigan
I just signed up for my BlockBuster Movie Pass after figuring I had nothing to lose. There are no stores in this area so I plan on just getting the DVDs one at a time in the mail. I put a couple in my queue, will it say in there when the movie will ship? It says "available" right now.

Also, I have a VIP 612 receiver. I want to set it up so I can stream the movies through my router? Is there a cheap, decent way of doing this to see how it works?

Thanks in advance,
Boddah

In you Queue, right above "Titles in my queue" will be a "Disc at Home" section. First it will state, "Your selection is in process", then it will change to Shipped and a date and estimated arrival and a date. Can't help you with the 622, but the 722 can be connected directly to your router by cable.

The 612 can be connected to broadband via cable (cheapest and best), powerline networking ($), approved wifi USB adapter, or the Logitech Revue.

I appreciate all the info so far... I have been searching for the library of movies that can be streamed. I cannot find a list anywhere. I really would like to know this before I invest in a broadband connector.

When you push the DVR button, number 3 on the list should be Blockbuster@Home. If it is not, then you need to be connected to broadband first before the dvr will list the available movies. You can also see the programs available in your online account. The same thing, if movies not listed then dvr needs to be connected before the list is available. Ethernet cable are cheap at monoprice.com

I appreciate all the info so far... I have been searching for the library of movies that can be streamed. I cannot find a list anywhere. I really would like to know this before I invest in a broadband connector.

You will need to be connected via broadband before the list will appear on your receiver. You will also have available to view TV shows with this connection.

be sure to get the wifi adapter on the store at dish.com. awesome deal $25 for a wifi adapter. i got 2, one for my pc and other for the dvr. no issues for over 6 mos now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)