Just went with Exede

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
ATT has slowly taken back any support here for ADSL and they are up to $60 a month for 6mbps down. They recently told me on the phone the cap is in place here and they are not adding new subs even after cancellations. Finally dropped em but our VZW data plan is pretty pricey and I would like to watch some streamed stuff, so I signed up for the Exede Liberty 30 + Boost 25. I really just want decent home speeds for surfing and to keep up with my Netflix shows like Daredevil. I like the soft cap and realize more than 1-2 shows per week will be pushing it, but that is fine, just sick of AT&T. Install is 3/23, the first time in my life both my tv service and internet will come from the clouds.

Still set for tomorrow. A guy I work with was able to get on the 100gb freedom plan when they offered it here, before they shut it down, and he has been happy with it.

Be curious to see what kinda speeds I actually get tomorrow, and I'll prob try the first episode of Daredevil Season 2 Friday night.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Not two people I talked to here with Exede. One friend, who doesn't have an option got on the Freedom 100gb plan before they stopped letting folks on in this area, and he loves it. You have some slow latency, but for web surving and Netflix he gets great speed. I had access to ATT ADSL, but I hate them and I hated it. They are shutting off support for it and slowly increasing the price, you can tell they don't want the burden anymore.

I'll have a smaller cap, but a lot better speeds. I just want something I don't lose for 12-24 hours after significant rainfall (we got 70+" the last 2 years) and allows me a nice speed for Netflix. Of course Ill have to moderate, but my only other option for better speeds is my VZW hotspot, and unless I want to spend a ton on data, forget streaming.

I'll be curious to see how much bandwidth a tv show on netflix eats, and how close I get to the 25mbps down and 3mbps up rating.

If this works well for me, my boss only can get 1.5mbps DSL where he is and has all kinds of problems (rural). He will be a referral from me ;)

IMG_0961_zpss5kp2rl2.jpg

IMG_0962_zpsfwdkms1y.jpg

Install quality was very nice, contractors were so so. Hard to compete with what I have seen from Dish installers lately. You can tell the slight latency affect when you click on a link, but all the speed tests I have done, including Vudu, have been great. Fixing to sit down and watch the first episode of Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix.

Netflix went well, I am guessing though that Exede does not have an open connect agreement with Netflix because it reminds me of how my service acted before ATT did. At times the best you can get is 720p, and it takes forever to ramp up to 720/1080. Once ATT signed the deal, my quality would hit 1080 in like 30 seconds.

Reason I think this is Amazon HD from their streaming requires higher bandwidth than my 6mbps DSL could hit and I never achieved it. With Exede last night the first episode of Bosch Season 2 started immediately at HD and looked outstanding the entire show.

Its gonna be about $150/month when rebates stop.
OMG !!! My entire dish Network service cost less then that.
I'll never complain about my cable company again.
I can get 100 /5Mbps with for $130 but that atleast comes with a 1000GB cap.

My service now is 15/2 for $68 and has a 700GB cap.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well yeah, sat aint cheap but for me it's better than giving ATT $60 (6/500 service) a month for crap ADSL. I freaking hate ATT after all of this.

Just figured out my Netflix issue wasn't the connection, it is the outdated Netflix app on my Oppo. I moved my roku to the living room and tried it out, got to 1080p on jessica jones and daredevil in under a minute. Gonna order a second Roku and put this one back in the bedroom.

Reactions: KE4EST
Glad you got some better Internet and can now access your apps. Sorry you have to pay out the .... My comcast is 120 a month for phone and internet. 150 download with no cap.

S~

Last edited:
Last weekend we had a lot of rain and I lost internet for about 20 mins Sat AM when I was surfing and 10 mins Sun when I was surfing (Dish tv stayed on both times). Basically during a frog strangler.

Just web surfing and watching a couple of Netflix or Amazon episodes each week, 30 gigs wont be an issue for me. I got another Roku for the living room and using the Netflix test patterns, it ramps up to the top tier 5800kbps 1080p in under a minute; PQ is very good. Also used the UHD Vudu app to test speeds and it maxed out the speed test bar, so it could do UHD on Vudu easily (which I won't be doing :) ).

Reactions: KE4EST
Dont have any LTE offerings here, unless I use something like my VZW which is more expensive and slower than Exede.
3643395.png

Just watched an episode of Daredevil in UHD :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts