KATV Gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
KATV (ABC from Little Rock on G18) is showing color bars on one TP and has no signal on the other one. Anyone have any info?

I have also noticed the Skyport radio channel is now broadcasting audio.

same here

Probably has to do with the fact a while back the tower for KATV collapsed so they were on G18 via Equity to get out to the cable companies in the area while they rebuilt the tower

The tower is probably fixed now ;)

edit:wiki shows 2/1/09 as the new tower up so they probably had a temp 60 day thing expire with Equity

good thing it appears to be gone. I doubt the feed was used for awhile, since the audio was messed up.

That's too bad, since I enjoyed the out of town local news from KATV-TV Little Rock, ARK.:(

Someday some other new out of town local news TV stations might pop up in the future....:hungry:

I perfect investment for the Satellite Guys, owning our very own TV station.

Then we can control the programming and the satellite uplink feed.

Muhahahaha

It looks like all of the Equity stations may be gone soon :(
They are being auctioned off this Thursday.

but will they leave G18 any time soon? I'm thinking not right away. Here is why

1. In most of the locations, there is nothing other than the transmitter there. So if someone buys the station in a market they might have to set up a studio.
2. Look at KARZ as an example. They were sold to Nexstar a couple months ago yet they're still on G18
3. Until the "handoff" takes place they have to stay up for cable/satellite subs. They're not just gonna cut them off right away.
4. Alot of these stations are low powered and are on cable so they just cant cut the cord right away

The ones that I can see having a big bidding war would be the Fox stations (the 3 in Montana and Marquette, MI) and the stations that are affiliated with "MyTV" since they are all full powered. Univision might buy up all the LP Univision stations for pennies and just make them affiliates.

The only real reason I still have a dish pointed to G18 is RetroJams. If I want ThisTV, I watch the higher quality master feed on AMC-3, C-band. That "MyTV" kinda sucks. The rest of 'em seem to be infomercials all the time. If RetroJams disappears for good after the sale, it's repoint time for a 1.0m Primestar!:rolleyes:

I enjoyed watching ThisTV this afternoon. Ice do you know if MN has a local TV station that is a ThisTV affiliate?

sadly no.

But RTN is coming...too bad its Duluth & the Iron Range. WDIO/WIRT 10/13 (ABC) is getting them on 4/19. What doesnt make sence is all the ABC stations in MN (KAAL Austin, KSTP Mpls & KSAX/KRWF satellite stations along with WDIO/WIRT) are all owned by Hubbard Broadcating. SO why not add it to KAAL & KSTP?

I guess Hubbard likes to show reruns of news and that Twin Cities Live show on 5-2 ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)