KCWY-NBC C-Band Galaxy 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last week on 2 of the Lesea channels ran loops of Bat Masterson. I have been watching gal 16 for several months. When I did a new scan last week I found Lesea now has 5 channels.
This week they started running the old shows. I hope they keep it up.

It could turn out to be another Retro network.

I get both the Ku and C band on my 10 footer, here in Central Fl.

What I hate is, for some reason or the other, I can not hit 97W.

That's because I turn my dish by hand and use my compass a lot. I can only get about 10 of those channels.
One day I will replace my actuator arm and find out what I have really been missing.

....I get both the Ku and C band on my 10 footer, here in Central Fl.

What I hate is, for some reason or the other, I can not hit 97W.

That's because I turn my dish by hand and use my compass a lot. I can only get about 10 of those channels.
One day I will replace my actuator arm and find out what I have really been missing.

You could have alignment issues, it's harder to get Ku on a BUD, they don't have to be off much to miss out.

Have you considered putting up a 36-39" offset dish for Ku-only?

As you can see the Casper NBC channel is being received on my 6' C-Band dish very well, but the networks at (3845 H) are breaking up. I will be performing additional adjustments today on Galaxy 16.

SOAP and Disney XD are new on Galaxy 16 C-Band.

Just checked with with 4 footer and NBC comes in solid (Q 40) with no errors. The PR mux is breaking up a lot no matter which way I swing the dish. Love having another NBC channel but that ABC PR channel comes in really handy during CFB season

For some reason both Casper NBC and The Family Network had lower signal strengths last night and were breaking up. The odd this is that all the remaining channels on Galaxy 16 came in great. I hope they come back tonight.

Again for some strange reason both Casper NBC and Family Net drop in signal strength from a 57 to around a 35 causing the picture to breakup badly around 8PM EST. Before 8PM they are very clear. Anyone else experience this? Plus it's only these two stations. All the other channels on Galaxy 16 play great after 8PM.

I'm looking forward to watching "Underdog" tomorrow morning at 9AM followed by "Bullwinkle". "Bullwinkle" is now on Netflix, but "Underdog" I haven't seen in years.

I noticed KCWY on my setup went UP last night but I cant get Family Net

Maybe the dish got moved when we had storms and the roof being done ;)
(but been too damn hot to work on the dish farm)

Ok all your retro lovers out there. Do you remember the channel CBN which later became FOX Family which became ABC Family? CBN aired shows such as Dobbie Gillis and Hazel.

I'm watching FamilyNet and noticed that the news displays "CBN News" at the bottom. Could it be part of the old CBN channel of the 80's?

what kind of signal are you getting on Family Net?

I cant lock it on the 6 footer with the Lyngsat parameters (3786 H 5000)

After realizing that the programming on FamilyNet tonight didn't match the schedule I took a closer look at the frequency and realied that the channel I have is SON Network (3790H) and not FamilyNet (3786H). What's weird is that some programming has the FamilyNet icon at the bottom of the screen. Now I won't get to watch "Underdog" tomorrow. :( Plus no "Trapper John", "Lou Grant" and "Bullwinkle".

Does anyone receive this channel? If so, what size dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)