Kid + Windex + DLP= Sad Dad

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
earth
So as the title suggests my kid got a hold of a bottle of windex and unloaded it on my 3 month old 73" Mitus DLP tv it of course ran down the screen and has now wicked back up between the Anti glare screen and the actual screen.

Anyone know how I can get this screen off so I can clean this properly. I assume when it dries out there will still be some crap left behind if I do nto clean it properly.

something similar happened with my 65" toshiba crt display. I took it all apart and my spouse and I took each piece into the shower and washed them down, then left them to dry on a couple of large towels. All was reinstalled and was fine.

something similar happened with my 65" toshiba crt display. I took it all apart and my spouse and I took each piece into the shower and washed them down, then left them to dry on a couple of large towels. All was reinstalled and was fine.

Thats what I'm hoping I can do but I have no idea how to get it off. Anyone have a service manual or know how to ge the screen off a Mitsu wd73734

Good luck.

Did the kid live?

Yeah he did however I was so angry that when I tried to yell at him I literally couldn't speak. I was trying and nothing was coming out. If I can not get it apart I have a guy coming out Monday to help me out but he that is going to cost me $100.

Yeah he did however I was so angry that when I tried to yell at him I literally couldn't speak. I was trying and nothing was coming out. If I can not get it apart I have a guy coming out Monday to help me out but he that is going to cost me $100.

$100 as in one Benjamin? That's dirt cheap.

You can get service manuals off E-bay for $5. However, if it's only $100 for a set that's still worth at least $2k, I wouldn't cry too much.

You can get service manuals off E-bay for $5. However, if it's only $100 for a set that's still worth at least $2k, I wouldn't cry too much.

Thats if we get it apart and it has not stained the screen if it did then its going to be a whole lot more then $100.

You shouldnt have too much problem getting the screen out and cleaned. Im still waiting for my girlfriends son to do something to my 46 inch dlp. He likes getting close when playing the wii. Hopefully i dont end up having a bigger problem than just some windex on the screen. Im probably jinxing myself as i type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts