KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
So what do you guys think about the specs? Are you gonna buy one? If so what flavor? 7" or 8.9" and what storage size.

Myself I wished I had bought the 8.9" last year but got the Fire HD 7". As time went on I decided I wanted an 8.9", but decided to wait until the new one came out. So I am going to get the 8.9" HDX with wifi only, don't care about it having 4G. I will probably get the 32GB Version, as that is what I have in the 7" and it is fitting my needs. However still undecided on getting the 64GB, but I doubt it.

More info and specs here.

Nice upgrades no doubt,the biggest downer to me,is the lack of user added storage.Would it kill them to add a sd card slot?

I agree it is a money racket I suppose though.

The addition of an 8mp rear camera is nice though,ought to be pretty speedy with the 2.2 quad cpu.

Yep this is the feature I been waiting for. Lots of uses I can do with this. :)

Keep us posted when ya get it.I personally would prefer the 8.9 version,just undecided if the new HDX or the Nexus would be the best choice.

I had both for awhile the nexus last year and the Fire HD, Fire HD is better once rooted hands down.

I'll buy an 8.9 once a custom ROM is available. Its about time to retire my Galaxy Tab 8.9.

I recently got the Fire HD 8.9" model.
Resolution is fine to read this web page in portrait mode.
HDX not worth the money for more (unneeded) resolution.
?Mine was about half the price.
Wouldn't touch a 7".
Apple's too expensive, though using their phone, it IS a a lot more mature for editing & spell checking.
Haven't tried a proper Android release; it might be better than Kindle...?
PS: wouldn't take a Windows 8 tablet if it came with a cheque! ;)
'

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)