Kindred spirit video

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I use firefox as my browser and there is an add on for it called "download helper". Works great, then I can convert the files and put them on an ipod etc.

I have a slow connection speed and a slower computer. I was sent a supposed downloaded UTube segment and my computer would not display it either, so I gave up...
I will look at those programs, but most I have seen require a faster computer.
what are you using to try to play the .flv file? I'm using a 7 year old Athlon xp2000+ and playing a flv file takes about 3-5%CPU. I use VLC. It's free, plays all files including flv and requires no codec installation

I have to admit ignorance on computers.... Let me see. It said "SAGE issue 1". There were 16 toggle switches on the front, severaal push buttons, a tape puncher/reader and a line printer and 64 each 6881 tubes as well as a bunch of other stuff like delay lines and wave shapers. The output was a bunch of dots and lines on the CRT.... That was the last computer I had that I had a real idea how it worked -- about 1960 or so.

I do not remeber what the program was that I tried for UTube. When the weather warms up a little more, I will try VLC. That was not what I had, but someone else recommended it to me. I trust I will be able to get it up and running. I only have 264MB of DIMM.

I have to admit ignorance on computers.... Let me see. It said "SAGE issue 1". There were 16 toggle switches on the front, severaal push buttons, a tape puncher/reader and a line printer and 64 each 6881 tubes as well as a bunch of other stuff like delay lines and wave shapers. The output was a bunch of dots and lines on the CRT.... That was the last computer I had that I had a real idea how it worked -- about 1960 or so.

Well the one you have now probably works pretty much the same except a whole lot faster.............with more storage.............and a graphical user interface. It's still all just 1s and 0s. Thing is back then a human could probably count faster than a computer. :D

I guess mail order brides don't complain too much about dishes being eyesores ;)

Inno,
Maybe that is why I thought I understood it! I was faster than it!
I have not used Pascal, Fortran or even "C" for so long, I know I could not use them now. My tape punch reader got left outside (by my renters, I think) and it looks like it will never work again.

Oh, well, this computer is fast enough so I can look out and enjoy the deer, birds and corn snakes while I am using it!

I MIGHT look for one that will work for U Tube - and other internet streaming. But my dishes get me plenty to look at!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)