Kornheiser suspended for 2 weeks for comments about someone's wardrobe?!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I missed this! When did THIS happen? Just because he stated he didn't like her boots and shirt....?:confused::rolleyes:

ESPN suspends Kornheiser for comments on Hannah Storm's attire

As ESPN's mob of personalities grows, incidents arise that help define ESPN's internal do's and don'ts. Tuesday, ESPN left no doubt about how to speak of fellow staffers: No badmouthing.

ESPN announced Tony Kornheiser, co-host of its weekday Pardon The Interruption, is on a two-week suspension that started Monday for comments about ESPN anchor Hannah Storm.

They were, said ESPN executive vice president John Skipper in a statement, "entirely inappropriate. Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences."

Asked if the key was that Kornheiser was talking about a fellow staffer rather than specifically what he what said, spokesman Mike Soltys said: "Yes. Respect for colleagues is paramount!"

What Kornheiser said, on his weekday local radio show on ESPN's Washington, D.C. affiliate Friday, was that Storm was on-air in a "horrifying outfit" with "red go-go boots" and a skirt "way too short for somebody her age." He added the kicker: "She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

Kornheiser has apologized on-air and as well as to Storm personally. On the show Tuesday, he noted his suspension and said he wouldn't talk about it in any interviews.

So, some context. Kornheiser, on that show, occasionally critiques on-air TV fashions —Kathie Lee Gifford, on NBC's Today show, has been found wanting — which is perfectly fair game given costuming is a big part of TV. He also makes great use of what he finds irritating — Storm's stylings just seemed like fodder.

ESPN suspends Kornheiser for comments on Hannah Storm's attire - USATODAY.com

I missed this! When did THIS happen? Just because he stated he didn't like her boots and shirt....?:confused::rolleyes:

ESPN suspends Kornheiser for comments on Hannah Storm's attire

As ESPN's mob of personalities grows, incidents arise that help define ESPN's internal do's and don'ts. Tuesday, ESPN left no doubt about how to speak of fellow staffers: No badmouthing.

ESPN announced Tony Kornheiser, co-host of its weekday Pardon The Interruption, is on a two-week suspension that started Monday for comments about ESPN anchor Hannah Storm.

They were, said ESPN executive vice president John Skipper in a statement, "entirely inappropriate. Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences."

Asked if the key was that Kornheiser was talking about a fellow staffer rather than specifically what he what said, spokesman Mike Soltys said: "Yes. Respect for colleagues is paramount!"

What Kornheiser said, on his weekday local radio show on ESPN's Washington, D.C. affiliate Friday, was that Storm was on-air in a "horrifying outfit" with "red go-go boots" and a skirt "way too short for somebody her age." He added the kicker: "She's what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point."

Kornheiser has apologized on-air and as well as to Storm personally. On the show Tuesday, he noted his suspension and said he wouldn't talk about it in any interviews.

So, some context. Kornheiser, on that show, occasionally critiques on-air TV fashions —Kathie Lee Gifford, on NBC's Today show, has been found wanting — which is perfectly fair game given costuming is a big part of TV. He also makes great use of what he finds irritating — Storm's stylings just seemed like fodder.

ESPN suspends Kornheiser for comments on Hannah Storm's attire - USATODAY.com

Interesting, I missed it too.

TK wears some rather odd stuff from time to time as well. Costumes included ....

His comments were a bit more than just offering simple fashion advice. Here's the original comments. Basically bashing fellow co-worker Hannah Storm.....

"Hannah Storm in a horrifying, horrifying outfit today. She's got on red go-go boots and a catholic plaid skirt … way too short for somebody in her 40s or maybe early 50s by now."

“She’s got on her typically very, very tight shirt. She looks like she has sausage casing wrapping around her upper body … I know she’s very good, and I’m not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, so I won’t … but Hannah Storm … come on now! Stop! What are you doing? … She’s what I would call a Holden Caulfield fantasy at this point.”

Tony Kornheiser Does Not Seem to Approve of Hannah Storm’s “Go-Go Boots” and “Very Very Tight Shirt” | The Big Lead

Seems like ESPN is being ultra-sensitive to anything remotely close to sexual harassment what with their recent issues with Steve Phillips, Harold Reynolds, Erik Kuselias, Mike Tirico, Jay Crawford, etc, etc.

If Kornholer was making fun of Stuart Scott's wardrobe, nothing would have happened....

Seems like ESPN is being ultra-sensitive to anything remotely close to sexual harassment what with their recent issues with Steve Phillips, Harold Reynolds, Erik Kuselias, Mike Tirico, Jay Crawford, etc, etc.

If Kornholer was making fun of Stuart Scott's wardrobe, nothing would have happened....

yeah....that's what it looks to me....

when did this happen????? i saw when he made this comment and thought nothing of it at the time. wtf????? we're getting way too sensitive here.
:rolleyes:

So, where is the link to see Hannah in her go go boots and short skirt:D

Hannah-Storm-SportsCenter-outfit.jpg

so was this something that espn management decided to do themselves or did hannah complain about the comment?

im gonna send an email to espn telling them i am done with their crap until they bring back their best personality

yeah me too but he's actually really good on PTI imo....... the show isn't as good without him. in MNF he was annoying as hell

I agree, I like the show but didn't like him on MNF.

I think his comments were off base, he kinda went overboard there.
Of course as mentioned, had he said it about a guy, nothing would have been done.

What happens if a female comments about a guys clothing ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts