Kornheiser suspended for 2 weeks for comments about someone's wardrobe?!

Her skirt isn't that short to me. Sage Steele wears much shorter skirts than she does. And what does age have to do with this anyway. If she still has it then flaunt it.

I agree, I like the show but didn't like him on MNF.

I think his comments were off base, he kinda went overboard there.
Of course as mentioned, had he said it about a guy, nothing would have been done.

What happens if a female comments about a guys clothing ?
probably nothing

There's a thin line between being colorful and being an a$$hole. I hope I'm still just colorful.
– Ted Turner

Unfortunately for ESPN, for all of information-based cable television, and for us, the viewers, the pressure to sustain ratings encourages individuals to be more outrageous than their competitors invariably results in some individuals doing something to promote his own profile that exceeds what his employer deems to be acceptable. Chances are, both these annoincers had been to many meetings during which the range of acceptable commentary was discussed.

There is no going back to the old CNN evening sports report. It is gone because more people choose to watch the more "colorful" alternatives.

– Ted Turner

Unfortunately for ESPN, for all of information-based cable television, and for us, the viewers, the pressure to sustain ratings encourages individuals to be more outrageous than their competitors invariably results in some individuals doing something to promote his own profile that exceeds what his employer deems to be acceptable. Chances are, both these annoincers had been to many meetings during which the range of acceptable commentary was discussed.

There is no going back to the old CNN evening sports report. It is gone because more people choose to watch the more "colorful" alternatives.

Thumbs up to ESPN for taking a stance.

I heard 790 The ticket by Dan LeBetard(who works FOR ESPN) that it had MORE to do with him bad mouthing "the face of ESPN"...Chris Berman.

As The Big Lead reported, Tony Kornheiser received a short suspension for his comments made last week about Hannah Storm's wardrobe. But there were other remarks made that day that really irked his royal Norbyness.

One source claims that the real no-no came about halfway through Kornheiser's rant about the appropriateness of Storm's go-go boot and sausage-casing ensemble: a thinly-veiled shot at the over-sized Swami was what may have forced Norby to hit the eject button:

These comments were made about the 1:05 portion of Kornheiser's rant:

"I know I'm not supposed to be critical of ESPN people, like if I point out that people say that they lost 50 or 60 pounds have actually gained all the weight back..." (Co-host interrupts: "And then some. Gained the weight back, back, back, back.")

Berman's contract is up soon — and early indications through our source are that ESPN may be willing to go elsewhere if his demands are outlandish, which they most likely will be — so anything that upsets the delicate balance of negotiations by calling one of the parties a fat slob is considered a much more suspension-worthy offense than the Storm comments. (Remember — Kornheiser apologized for his remarks about her, both on-air and privately.)

http://deadspin.com/5478363/espns-tony-kornheiser-suspension--more-about-chris-berman

First off, I thought she looked tasty. Here's the rub, the women to be "one of the guys", but they still want to play by different rules. Equality, but only to a degree. This is what guys do, we stick it to each other every chance we get. Should would have been better served by throwing back at Kornholer. He's an easy target, if I ever saw one....

First off, I thought she looked tasty. Here's the rub, the women to be "one of the guys", but they still want to play by different rules. Equality, but only to a degree. This is what guys do, we stick it to each other every chance we get. Should would have been better served by throwing back at Kornholer. He's an easy target, if I ever saw one....
I haven't heard or read that Storm herself was complaining about the comments, only that they were about her....

To be fair to Storm, I've never heard or read anything indicating that she either commented or complained about Tony's remarks.

Interestingly, a local sports talk show in Baltimore has been doing a "What's Hannah Wearing?" segment for at least a year. The host and his female producer discuss and rate her wardrobe regularly.

I'm guessing they'll drop that bit now.

well, let me wish an early goodbye to boomer. he could leave and i wouldn't cry a bit.

that said, as i mentioned to great length in the scott van pelt thread, kornheiser made these comments on his radio program so i find them neither offensive nor grounds to send someone on vacation for 2 weeks. if espn is gonna worry about what there people say on the radio, they should get out of the radio business.

they should get out of the tv and internet business while they are at. what a joke.

well, let me wish an early goodbye to boomer. he could leave and i wouldn't cry a bit.

that said, as i mentioned to great length in the scott van pelt thread, kornheiser made these comments on his radio program so i find them neither offensive nor grounds to send someone on vacation for 2 weeks. if espn is gonna worry about what there people say on the radio, they should get out of the radio business.

they should get out of the tv and internet business while they are at. what a joke.
ESPN, like most companies has rules and a code of conduct for their employees. I'm sure wherever you have worked you've had them, and there were most likely some you didn't agree with. But, guess what, we abide by them or get penalized in some way. Nothing different here....

ESPN, like most companies has rules and a code of conduct for their employees. I'm sure wherever you have worked you've had them, and there were most likely some you didn't agree with. But, guess what, we abide by them or get penalized in some way. Nothing different here....
:up true. whether we agree with those rules or not, they still must be followed.

Hannah-Storm-SportsCenter-outfit.jpg

The Scottish Wonder Woman can tie me up with her magic lasso and make me "tell the truth" anytime.....

;)

Are we sure this is current, or is this old news too?!?!?!? :D :eek:

Now we have to check the date of every link!!!

Sandra

Are we sure this is current, or is this old news too?!?!?!? :D :eek:

Now we have to check the date of every link!!!

Sandra
:D yeah that was embarrassing!!! :eek: i heard the op knew it was old news and wanted to see how many of us would fall for it :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts