KRBK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Wrbk can anyone tell me why there is such a delay on those channels both on micro hd and nano?

This is a radio station I take it from looking on google? Obviously on satellite too?

If it is behind what is going out "live" from the local transmitter it is easy. They have to convert to IP, send to the teleport, send 22,000 miles into space, send back the same distance on the downlink. The IP part alone could be 30 seconds behind depending on which streaming method they are using.

He has got to be. I don't know of the other, but hey who knows.

You can get that C-band small dish? As I recall here on MN with the 1 meter I could bring in decent C/N on the Sathero but not quite enough for my STB's to see it. Maybe I'll try for it again now that I've got Titanium C1.

When you say behind, you meant like what I was saying for the radio station or something else? Guys have been running both the Micro HD and the Amiko ALi based products for a long time now, I haven't heard of any specific issue for KRBK.

Are you meaning that the video and audio are out of sync?

When I bought the lnbf few days ago I put it on my dish right off the bat I got krbk 40 to 60 q. Joe there is lag on the nano can you check that for me on krbk? Here is pic of krbk signal quality.

Like I said last I tried I couldn't get it on my 1m. I don't have any reports of issues with it from the BUD guys and I'd think this would be a channel they'd let me know about right away. Since you mentioned that your Micro HD also has whatever the issue is I'm wondering if you are close to threshold for that TP and that is the cause of the issue. Might also want to post this at my place and see if anyone there has an issue. Can you also define what "lag" means so that we're all sure we're talking about the same thing?

When I change the channel from say pr vi mux to krbk it says no signal then if you give a few minutes it will come in that is the only channel it does it on.

Reactions: sergei
My friend David has a nano also he uses a 10 footer it does the same thing he brought it to my attention. Plus he is kc9tec on satguys star wars storm trooper avatar.

I checked it on my micro HD and 1.2 Meter dish and I see the same thing.
When changing to the 3720 H transponder it can take up to 20 seconds for the signal to lock.
No issue when using a computer tuner.

If Geo MicroHD & Amiko Nano are doing this with good signal on a BUD I guess the question is what is different with this signal? Looking at lyngsat it doesn't look all that unusual on paper.

I don't know if Micro HD can do this but in the Nano has a special recording mode. MENU > USB > PVR SETTING. Switch the "Record Type" to TP. This will make a full recording of the entire Transport Stream and PIDs rather than just the single channel. This is what our engineers need to fix feed related problems. If someone with a Nano (or Mini HD SE, 8240 or Mini Original) can grab me around 30 seconds I'd be happy to take it to Budapest and see if we can figure anything out.

Something else you guys could try out of curiosity: Make one of these recordings in TP mode and play it back through the media player. It isn't quite the same as feeding a full Transport Stream into it like the engineers would do but it might tell us something of value if both live and recordings have the same delay in starting.

I wonder if you guys are still seeing this? I didn't get a chance to check last night, but I am not seeing that issue here today on a 10 foot and Mini HD SE.

No problem here at all..instant pic and audio on the MicroHD..3722-H-8703 on the 10ft.dish..

My friend David has a nano also he uses a 10 footer it does the same thing he brought it to my attention. Plus he is kc9tec on satguys star wars storm trooper avatar.

Ohh my.

I did another comparison and my PC tuner locked and tuned instantly, the Nano took a few seconds. Before a lock, I get 'No Signal'.

Nano: 76% quality.
PC: 82% quality.

I have had times when the PC had block errors, when the Nano had perfect signal.

Just blew the dust off of my microHD and hooked it up and it is working just fine also.

The more signal errors, the more data must be processed to generate programming. AV sync is difficult to maintain with poor Bit Error Rates.

If your friend is experiencing AV sync errors with a full size dish, I would check for other issues such as Signal Quality, LNB LO drift, firmware version, etc.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.